Looking for a diversity cam that will go with any build

9394stang

Reaction score
I'm not sure where this build will go .But I might go to a Blower or turbo down the road or may never do any of that.

My ? Is car has a stock 302 with with stock cam as I just found that out.
I have gt 40 heads might get new heads might not.

Yes for boost stock one will do great but if I never do it than I will kick my self now.

I bought a set of scoripan rollor rockes 1.72 as I thought I had the b cam.

I was looking at trickfloow stage 1 cam.
Or jegs has one just like it for even cheaper.

So trying to have a more fun car now with the cam and not hurt myself down the road with a bad cam choice.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the TF stage 1 myself. I got it probably 10 years ago now with their 170cc heads and enjoyed a great sound and good power boost. A few years back I added a vortech and I am sure I could gain a some power with a blower specific cam, but the stage 1 has not been bad enough to make me really consider it.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Thank you for the response 10 years that's a long time to have that cam and still be happy with it for sure.
Great information very helpful

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
the F303 is a good n/a and boosted cam . If I don’t fork out money for ax custom isky cam I’ll be ditching the steeda #19 cam for a f303

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
I had a f303 cam on a 95 car I sold was not bad but with out a power adder I'm not sure I'd do that one again

I just looked up that 19 cam you have that be a great cam for my car with the 1.72 rockers .
Are you willing to sell it ?

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
So if I never did a turbo what one of those 2 cams whould I be happier with .

Yes my goal is turbo or blower so im trying to go that route in a year or so but just in case I never do what cam whould be better out of those two.
The trickflow 1 or
The steda 19 .
Thanks guys.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
I was glad you had mentioned that cam I had never heard of it seems like it's really supposed to work well with the 94 and 95s.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was glad you had mentioned that cam I had never heard of it seems like it's really supposed to work well with the 94 and 95s.
Any cam works well with 94/95’s it’s the idiots trying to tune them that make them run like dog shit . If you don’t know how to tune or the tuner doesnt Their cars run like ass with out a lobe seperation of 114-115 which is typically good for blower cars because of the smaller overlap .

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I think any moderate cam you decide to go with will be a good all around choice, but i believe the use of the 1.72 rockers will hurt you later if you pursue boost. I say this not as not to be a know it all, because I dont, but the use of higher ratio rockers should be viewed as a performance tool and not as a performance improver, which eventually becomes a performance improver if used correctly. Keep in mind a higher ratio rocker opens the valves sooner and closes the valves later, in theory making the cam bigger. Not what we want unless we know for a fact their use positive. Bigger not always being better. Use the available higher ratio rockers on the moderate cam to bring in the performance where you want it. This might be the use of only the intake rockers or viseversa just the exhaust rockers, perhaps both, you never know. The open close events are far more precious to improving hp than high lift valves. This is why we spend money on cams, for the valve events.

Last edited:

302hobronco

Reaction score
I ran the comp nx264hr cam with worked gt40 heads. It was very streetable and had great power. It is also nitrous and boost friendly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online