Mild, Medium or Heavy Duty clay?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really would not recommend trying any kind of electrical buffer for the first time on you mustang. You don't just rub it over the paint you need to apply the right amount my of pressure in the right area to keep control of it and not do more damage let alone to do what we want. Start on a car you are not so attached to practice and get comfortable with

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Wow great job on that black paint. As soon as you simply look at it the wrong way though, it's not gonna look like that anymore :p
So true! Any dust in the vicinity is gonna land on it for sure! Black paint is gorgeous but such a pain to constantly keep clean/detailed!

WOW!!!! That is one fantastic looking hood! Looks like a chrome wrap almost. Gosh! I do have one question though: Was the hood wet sanded first? I'm thinking yes. Thanks for posting your process and product list. Excellent info!
No wet sanding was performed in that correction, polish, pictures I showed.
Wet sanding is good for removing things like orange-peel to smooth the surface more. I've only minimally wet sanded around repair areas when I use touch up paint and some light filler to get those pesky chips out and smooth again.
I like Dr. Colorchip for my touch up paint needs.

The problem is with any car you detail, sooner or later you are gonna wash/dry it off and it will show very minor surface scratches again. You can always power wash and use air to blow off the water, but again you will eventually wipe it down and introduce some mild scratches (even with microfibers).
So I've come to let my OCD slide on the Nth degree of detailing on my cars these days. They look great, but if you get under the right light inside you can see imperfections. It used to drive me nuts but out in the sunshine is not nearly as noticeable.

Good luck!
Ryan

IMG_7905_zpslf3ai1fz.jpg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
PPF and a polymer coating is where it's at.

Did it to the murdercycle a few years ago, paint stays pristine beneath the film, and all you're doing is just pressure washing or normal washing the PPF. And then I use the wet-dry method of applying graphene coating on it right after the final rinse, and the thing just stays slick like it was just waxed. It's the ultimate way to go. Buy once, cry once.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So true! Any dust in the vicinity is gonna land on it for sure! Black paint is gorgeous but such a pain to constantly keep clean/detailed!

No wet sanding was performed in that correction, polish, pictures I showed.
Wet sanding is good for removing things like orange-peel to smooth the surface more. I've only minimally wet sanded around repair areas when I use touch up paint and some light filler to get those pesky chips out and smooth again.
I like Dr. Colorchip for my touch up paint needs.

The problem is with any car you detail, sooner or later you are gonna wash/dry it off and it will show very minor surface scratches again. You can always power wash and use air to blow off the water, but again you will eventually wipe it down and introduce some mild scratches (even with microfibers).
So I've come to let my OCD slide on the Nth degree of detailing on my cars these days. They look great, but if you get under the right light inside you can see imperfections. It used to drive me nuts but out in the sunshine is not nearly as noticeable.

Good luck!
Ryan

View attachment 28240
Proper burnout!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online