Missing in Action

PistolGrip

Reaction score
I was involved with the group a good while back, but as they say ‘Life got in the way’ for a while.
I have two problems regarding my 1994 Cobra Mustang (78,000 miles) that has been in the family for 25+ years. I’d like to run them past you, hoping for some direction:

1) I’m not fat….but all the in & out movement has worn the upper outside section to the point that it is now torn. The rest of the seat is in great shape. What’s my best option? Repair? Replace?…??. For what it’s worth, it has the black leather interior.

2) After fighting a mystery HUMMMMMMM that came and went unpredictability (but only when the car was running)in my Mach 460 sound system, a guy replace the amplifier in my trunk & it cured the problem. That was about 6 months ago. The problem is now starting to return. The original amplifier had a #9346 on it. Are these hard to find? As I recall the repair guy said they are somewhat unique to this radio & replacements are hard to find.

Any help on either of these would be appreciated. For what it’s worth, I’m in the Cincinnati area. Thanks!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was involved with the group a good while back, but as they say ‘Life got in the way’ for a while.
I have two problems regarding my 1994 Cobra Mustang (78,000 miles) that has been in the family for 25+ years. I’d like to run them past you, hoping for some direction:

1) I’m not fat….but all the in & out movement has worn the upper outside section to the point that it is now torn. The rest of the seat is in great shape. What’s my best option? Repair? Replace?…??. For what it’s worth, it has the black leather interior.

2) After fighting a mystery HUMMMMMMM that came and went unpredictability (but only when the car was running)in my Mach 460 sound system, a guy replace the amplifier in my trunk & it cured the problem. That was about 6 months ago. The problem is now starting to return. The original amplifier had a #9346 on it. Are these hard to find? As I recall the repair guy said they are somewhat unique to this radio & replacements are hard to find.

Any help on either of these would be appreciated. For what it’s worth, I’m in the Cincinnati area. Thanks!

You can always upgrade to seats from a new edge car . That’s what I ended up doing because my car had grey cloth . As for the Mach 460 amps pick n pull would be your best bet most likely

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the mach amps are known to cause battery drains and the speakers they are designed to power are probably dry rotted and long past their prime. I would replace them myself.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
it’s funny you said that my red cars the first sn95 I’ve had with a Mach system that can sit for months and that battery doesn’t go flat

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
For the seat, I would replace. Remember, that leather is 30 years old! I just had my done for around $1300 for the front and rear. Replaced the front with new foam for the transition ($400). Looks great. For just a seat in black I would think under $500 and matching black I would think would be easier than saddle tan (my color).