New to me 2000 GT convertible

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
EDIT: Started a build thread on it

-----------------

Been hanging out for a week or two but figured I'd officially introduce myself. I'm typically a foxbody guy and have a modified '88 LX. SOme may recognize the username if you are into Fox bodies. I owned a 2003 GT i bought new, and always had a soft spot for them. SOld it and miss that car. Always wanted to get back into a new edge.

Fell into this by way of a neighbor. His brother owned the car and passed. Was part of the estate and nobody in the family wanted it. It had some minor issues, which I easily fixed as i'm quite familiar with these cars. The battery was completely dead so it needed to be jumped every time and wouldn't restart. Mach 460 amp drain, failing AC clutch and a few minor things. All of that is fixed. New battery. Replaced both Mach amps. Got the Mach 460 working perfectly. Fixed the AC.

2000 GT convertible. 5-spd, 68K miles. Freshly replaced canvas top. Got this for $1000. I put maybe another $300-400 into it fixing the issues. As it sits, it needs nothing mechanically. Just some cosmetics

1692212592671.png
1692212632041.png

I got the car bone stock, but i've already started adding a few things while I clean it up. Did the Mach 1 grill, 01+ headlights and the 03+ IUP headrests. I plan on recovering the stock seats shortly. It came with the stock starfish wheels, but I had a set of these wheels from my Foxbody i swapped on for now. I think i'm going to run 03-04 bullitt wheels as thats what was on my '03 GT and i have a bit of a nostalgic want for buillitts again.

I have a Mach 1 chin spoiler waiting to go on. Going to leave this mostly stock. I actually like the stock exhaust. My foxbody is loud and has a cam, so the quiet 4.6L is a nice change of pace, plus i like the rumble of it. Future mods are Cobra brakes on all 4-corners, lowering springs w/ Bilstiens, and an MGW shifter. I'd also like to add the 01+ hood scoop, and do something with the rear spoiler. I prefer the 01+ spoiler over the 99/00 wing. The 99/00 side scoops can stay. I don't mind them

It does have a Dorman intake on it. Unfortunately I missed the boat with the PI intakes getting discontinued. Trying to find one has resulted in used examples with cracks. Hoping to get lucky and find a good PI intake

The paint needs some love. Needs some attention to try and get the original shine back. But overall, I feel giddy driving my $1400 SN95 convertible around. It drives pretty nicely. What you'd expect from a 68k mile car. Never been much of a convertible guy, but i find myself strangly liking it a lot!

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
I had a feeling you were the same guy on the corral. I have the same username over there too but I’m not that active. Welcome. There is a lot of sn95 and new edge knowledge on here.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Hi Mike! Welcome. That's a hell of a score for $1400ish. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing by the time you're done with it.

Thanks. Prob won't go too crazy. Just appearance stuff. I want to leave it close to stock. I think i went too crazy modding my Fox which is why i don't drive it as much anymore. This GT drives so nice as a stocker that I'm already enjoying it and put more miles on it already than I have my Fox this year.

I had a feeling you were the same guy on the corral. I have the same username over there too but I’m not that active. Welcome. There is a lot of sn95 and new edge knowledge on here.

Yeah, corral doesn't have a whole lot of mod motor tech. It seems heavy on windsor tech and Fox. I'm also a moderator on Stangnet. Same there. If i make a thread in the SN95 forum on those sites, it goes unanswered for days.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’m on stangnet too but I feel unwelcome. I made an account a few years ago when I had my blue 00 gt but got very little traffic in just my new members thread. It used to be a great forum though.

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I’m on stangnet too but I feel unwelcome. I made an account a few years ago when I had my blue 00 gt but got very little traffic in just my new members thread. It used to be a great forum though.

Yeah, that's a glaring fault with the forum as well. Outside of the Fox-specific forum, very little traffic and participation. Even when i post in the 4.6L forum, i don't get responses.

95opal

Reaction score
Thanks. Prob won't go too crazy. Just appearance stuff. I want to leave it close to stock. I think i went too crazy modding my Fox which is why i don't drive it as much anymore. This GT drives so nice as a stocker that I'm already enjoying it and put more miles on it already than I have my Fox this year.

Yeah, corral doesn't have a whole lot of mod motor tech. It seems heavy on windsor tech and Fox. I'm also a moderator on Stangnet. Same there. If i make a thread in the SN95 forum on those sites, it goes unanswered for days.

I knew that screen name looked familiar. OG stangnet

Tac1

Reaction score
Great deal, looks like a solid car. Nice score on it

OP
OP
M

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Thanks. I've since put a decent chunk of change into the car by this point. Probably added another $3K to it so into it for $4k or so, which still isn't bad. Sitting with 70K miles now, and quite a bit of it has been refreshed.

Progress in this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.