oil capacity 5.0?

optionizerSS

Reaction score
1995 Mustang GT. When we bought the car the seller told me the oil had just been changed and it had the sticker on the window for next scheduled change. Pulled the dipstick and it's a quart too full. Drain some out and good to go.
Last week changed the oil and assumed the guy that did the previous oil change didn't drain the front plug. So I drain both plugs. Add 5 qts of oil and again it's 1 quart over filled? Double check and capacity says 5 qts. I even put the full size filter on instead of the mini filter that was on it. So what's the deal? When I looked at how much oil I drained out it looks like only 4 qts.
BTW-just drained more out to get it closer to the full mark. Guess it's possible it's the wrong dipstick?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That was my first inclination as I read your post: wrong dipstick. Mine measures 29” from the coupler to the end tip on my ‘95 5.0

0image.jpg

Last edited:

maillemaker

Reaction score
I noticed this with mine also. Put in 5 quarts and it is at the top end of the crosshatch.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Mine is pretty much dead center in the cross-hatches (5qts in). Maybe a tad above middle, but close enough to call it quits.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Measured my dipstick (hmmm...that doesn't sound good). 29" from tip to bottom of the 'coupler. Part number is F4ZE-6750-BF

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Quite the conundrum… weird.

joemomma

Reaction score
If it is like mine, it won't be over-filled for too long between the leaks and what I'm suspecting is a little burning.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I have a 94-95 pan on my Fox. I put 5 quarts in there and it was dead nuts center with the original dipstick and then with the Ford racing chrome dipstick. Using the FL-1A filter

C1skout

Reaction score
I'd make a new full mark on the stick after a fresh change and not think about it anymore. I would be curious to see when the "low oil" light came on though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online