Polish instrument cluster lens?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can the clear plexiglass lens piece be polished to remove haze and swirls/scratches? I can’t find a replace at all the usual haunts. (like that Halloween reference?)

green5point0

Reaction score
I would imagine that any headlight buffing compound or a fine sandpaper would work, (2000 grit).
I prefer to remove mine, but it is probably good to keep dust out. My grand marquis as an example below.

If someone else can be more useful than me and provide an actual answer from experience that would be great for everyone.IMG_7164.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
most clear plastics can be polished with something as simple as toothpaste to start. I find chrome polish and a buffing wheel works well if you have one. Another option is to do a search for flame polishing on youtube.

maillemaker

Reaction score
I was very pleased with the replacement lens from LMR. On a 1995 you have to carefully cut some plastic away around the push button for the trip odometer on the back of the bezel but other than that it looks great. My original lens was crazed though. Could not be polished.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine that any headlight buffing compound or a fine sandpaper would work, (2000 grit).
I prefer to remove mine, but it is probably good to keep dust out. My grand marquis as an example below.

If someone else can be more useful than me and provide an actual answer from experience that would be great for everyone.View attachment 28897
Man, I “hope” mine comes out that clear and nice.
My nearest VatoZone didn’t have Mother’s, but they had 1 bottle of Meguire’s left so I got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can live with that!! Before & After. Little bit of smudgy-smudge left, but it’s on the inside and I really don’t feel like taking the whole pod out and removing to get to the inside. Besides, I think the bezel will cover.

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1526.jpeg
    IMG_1526.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 14

badass98svt

Reaction score
I can live with that!! Before & After. Little bit of smudgy-smudge left, but it’s on the inside and I really don’t feel like taking the whole pod out and removing to get to the inside. Besides, I think the bezel will cover.
Yeah man you nailed it. A quick hand polish brings it back pretty good.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, Gents! It’s nice when a fix is simple, quick and easy. Rare. But nice!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online