Question regarding instrument cluster gauges...

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
My Temp gauge on my 94 GT convertible was getting flaky. Twice the gauge needle literally "fell" to the "H" of the gauge when I turned off the engine and the needle was to right of midway. But then performed normally if I waited for a while. So I pulled out my instrument cluster to perform a little maintenance; replace the light bulbs, replaced the odometer gearing, and was about to replace the Temp/Fuel gauge which lead me to these questions...

1. If I pop in that replacement gauge will that require some form of calibration? Or will they reset themselves accordingly?

2. I wanted to give the needles a fresh coat of paint as I am sure you all know the needles turn an ugly yellow after 30 years. If I pull the needles->paint->place them back on will that require a from of calibration?

3. This may seem simplistic but the gauges are out and the needles have sort of settled into a position. If I take a photo of them at their current position, pull the needles, paint, and place them back according to the photo, will that work? Is there post about this? Have not found one. Don't want to go further until I read more.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.