Post Up Your Audio System

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Girls! This shall be my first sticky! :headbang: Anyway, The reason for this is to share what we all have in our Mustangs to make the ride even more enjoyable than it already is.... Im talking about your car audio system :icon_rr:

So. This is what I would like to see.

1st- What Kind of experience you have with car audio ect
2nd- What do you have in your car? You can also talk about others you own, not just the stang.
3rd- What combination have you run and why? Have you noticed any that have just seemed to blow the rest out of the water?

Thanks for your input and I hope this will help people further down the line who have question! Post Away!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
currently my mustang has the Mach460 and a Pioneer deck.
it sounds pretty good, but not much bass.

my truck has a pioneer deck, infinity door speakers, 3 way with tweets, and a 10" punch.
the tweets sound good but the doors don't have much richness to them. they're clear, but arn't that full-sounding.

the sub makes the most difference IMO, but make sure your amp is big enough to push it.
an underpowered sub sounds like crap.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
1998 Mustang:
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB headunit
Polk Audio 5"x7" Coaxial speakers
Kicker 400.1 Monoblock amp
12" Kicker CompVR at 2ohms

2006 4runner:
Factory JBL Synthesis
10 speakers total
10" JBL sub
one of the best Factory systems ive heard

2007 mustang:
Shaker 500
worst "upgraded" factory systems ive heard

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Well my experience.... My first car was a 90 subaru legacy wagon and had one working speaker. So I did some hunting on the net not knowing anything about audio and got a set of garbage visonik 10"s and some crappy pyle speakers and some deck by a company called soundstorm... Well ever since then and my newer cars I just keep doing all my own installs and learning everything from the net. So everything I know is self taught and sadly usually know more than sales reps and most people working at audio shops in my area.

Right now I am running 2 pairs of Boston Acoustic SX60's powered off a Alpine V series 4 channel amp pushing 75RMS to the componant systems, a Kenwood Excelon headunit, 2 Rockford punch series 2 subs 10" in a sealed box, powered by a mono v series at a 500rms load if I recall correctly and a rockford wiring kit.

My plans are however to upgrade to infinity components, 2 10" terminator series rockford subs, and amps accordingly to power.

I run the SX60s since the highs are crisp and the mids are full and vibrant, and 10"s in a sealed for good tight bass response for rock/metal. I don't by any means blow people away but you can definitly hear me coming and my system is what I want it to be, clean, tight, and loud.

That being said, if it wasn't a Mustang I'd have a LOT better audio set up, lol. Money goes everywhere else.

NERD

Reaction score
Audio? We don't need no stinkin Audio...

First I had the M460 then switched head units but the quality was never the same. (I wont go into specific details why but lets just say the factory components work very well together for what they are and how old they are.)

Then I switched to Infinity Kappa components and 5.25" in the rear at 2ohm. This sounded good for a while.

Then I yanked it all out and went with a nice little 4ch (First a Alpine then a R Fosgate) and 2 new sets of infinity's. By far the best sounding system so far.

Now it's got nothing in it cause it's just a lot of extra BS. I built an indash PC last year that I have waiting to go in but I'm looking into making a new molding to fit a 10" EeePC monitor & components to combine my tuning software with a touch screen and my audio system. IDK exactly when I'll get around to it or if it will ever happen but I have everything I need. I just need to do the work.

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know. 98% of the subs you here on the road are for showing off and being loud. I prefer to have crisp quality that I can feel and there's No need to wake the dead. I had a single 10" for a few days that just seemed overkill.

I'm a 12v & MECP Master Jedi BTW.

Untame-d

Reaction score
In all matter, I had everything for my system from my other cars otherwise I would of invested in other things than stereo because the sound of the Mustang dominates stereo. :notworthy:

1996 mustang
Freeway DVD/MP3/WMA
Ietou 7" LCD screen
Alpine Type X 5.25 front speakers
Infinity kappa 5x7 rear speakers
2 Alpine Type R 10" subwoofers in sealed box
Rockford Fosgate 1000 mono amp

Can't go wrong with Alpine or infinity. I would of went Alpine for the rear speakers and amp also if they weren't so expensive. The rockford amp is virtually bullet proof, have been running it for over 6 years and 5-6 different systems.

is there pics included with this thread?

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

unique95

Reaction score
well right now nothing. but my dad owns a store where he sells all that stuff so as soon as i get the stang running and ready im gonna have two 12s and a touch screen headunit with bluetooth custom dash ipod hookup and custom radar.... my dad is good at what he does... it anyone needs anthing for their stang let me know he does custom stuff too.. he recently closed his shop and has alot left over he is selling for a great price so if anyone wants anything let me know ill talk to him for you!

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Untame-d said:
In all matter, I had everything for my system from my other cars otherwise I would of invested in other things than stereo because the sound of the Mustang dominates stereo. :notworthy:

1996 mustang
Freeway DVD/MP3/WMA
Ietou 7" LCD screen
Alpine Type X 5.25 front speakers
Infinity kappa 5x7 rear speakers
2 Alpine Type R 10" subwoofers in sealed box
Rockford Fosgate 1000 mono amp

Can't go wrong with Alpine or infinity. I would of went Alpine for the rear speakers and amp also if they weren't so expensive. The rockford amp is virtually bullet proof, have been running it for over 6 years and 5-6 different systems.

is there pics included with this thread?

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Nice set up, but I hate type r subs, the frequency range is way too big for me, too much higher end bass. Are you running your front ends off a amp?

Witzy0070

Reaction score
unique95 said:
well right now nothing. but my dad owns a store where he sells all that stuff so as soon as i get the stang running and ready im gonna have two 12s and a touch screen headunit with bluetooth custom dash ipod hookup and custom radar.... my dad is good at what he does... it anyone needs anthing for their stang let me know he does custom stuff too.. he recently closed his shop and has alot left over he is selling for a great price so if anyone wants anything let me know ill talk to him for you!

Does he get price discounts??? Also, I recommend 10" subs over 12"s any day, but that's just my 2 cents.

Untame-d

Reaction score
Witzy0070 said:
Nice set up, but I hate type r subs, the frequency range is way too big for me, too much higher end bass. Are you running your front ends off a amp?

No,runs off the deck, I have another rockford 900 4 channel I can hook up, but thats for another day.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Yeah, running speaker wire and another amp took me a good few more hours on the install. Totally worth it though.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Keep on posting guys! Looking good so far. And Sxynerd I didn't know you were Master MECP? Thats not an easy task I assure you all. Im just Basic atm and Im working towards my Advance. I just cant get all the Resistor combination down and I basically am trying to remember wiring combinations and whether or not you need a PKALL for bypass :)

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to learn up and get certified but almost all the careers in audio suck for pay.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Its just nice getting Certified. Plus Best Buy payed for my training and the test so wahooo for free cert!

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's like 80 bucks, would like to get one just for the knowledge.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Anyone got anymore. I see a lot of you guys posting... I wanna know what you got!

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
well i have had a sound system in every vehicle i've owned since i was 16 (5 in all) and do all the install myself, i also put systems in friend's cars as a hobby.

i have a sony 100 db+ head unit (not the greatest but has alot of adjustability and is 12343124x better than the alpine that was in the car when i bought it)
Pioneer 5x7s all the way around with the factory mach 460 tweeters
Pioneer 760w amp
2 Rockford Fosgate P1 12s in a huge sealed box that only fits in my trunk facing vertically...

system.jpg

the best systems i ever heard (subwoofer wise) were:
two 12" memphis M class carbon fiber subs in a sealed box with a kennwood 1800w amp in an extened cab nissan
and a single JL audio 10" W6 with a JL amp in an extended cab chevy colorado

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just found this. My system is being a little wonkers lately, but at the moment I have a pretty basic setup.

Kenwood Headunit, can't remember the name but its a really nice headunit. Lots of adjustability, expansion, etc, plus it is a very clean unit, doesn't looke to gawdy and matches the blue LEDs amazingly.
Memphis Audio Power Reference Oversized 6.5" Front Coaxials
Memphis Audio Power Refrence 6x9" Rear Coaxials
Off-brand schitty 4-ch 1000W Amp.

I'm planning on going through the wiring and finding out what the deal is with my crap. Occasionally it works, occasionally it doesn't. The Amp goes into protect mode off and on and its really bizarre. Guessing thats what happens when you buy crap stuff, but still. I've thought about throwing one of my 12" Sony Xplods back into it but I'd need to run bigger wires for dual amps and all that nonsense and I don't know if it'll get done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online