rear end/suspension squeak

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Back it up on some wheel ramps, and check for exhaust pipes clearances. I had exhaust pipes rubbing in 3 different places that I found this way.
Couldn't tell when I had it on a lift, as the rear axle was hanging down making it looked like everything was good to go.

Mike

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
good idea mike, but I dont think it's the exhaust. it did it when I had dumps on there.
in face it's always done it, stock suspension, all new suspension.... makes me think it's maybe something in the unibody?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Check the spot welds on the package tray's support panel. The sheet metal that the speakers are mounted in. It's easiest to fold the rear seats down and go in from there. You'll find a small vertical flange with 3 spot welds on each end. Some of these have had to be re-welded because of squeeks due to corrosion or a misfire at the time of mfgr.

GT

bryand

Reaction score
my whole car squeaks and its driving me nuts, im removing everything but the dash/council and my rear end squeaks so much i can barely drive it!

BOOM_FIST

Reaction score
Holy crap, I thought I was the only one riding squeaky as hell. My front brakes need to be fully redone, my tensioner pulley is shot, and my rear shocks are squeaking too...kind of when they're compressed on a dip, not so much a sharp bump. I think my exhaust needs to be realigned too cause it rattles when in low RPM in 5th gear.

So much noise I just want to fix! It's more embarrassing than anything! LOL!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BOOM_FIST said:
, and my rear shocks are squeaking too...kind of when they're compressed on a dip, not so much a sharp bump.

That's exactly what mine does.
I havn't had time to look into it yet.

Thanks for the responses everyone!
I'll check those spot welds GDTrumbo - I've read something like that on Corral. TY!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
any news? im going to tighten my shock bushings this weekend... ... lol. i hope that fixes mine. thats my only squeaks, the rest is just rattles and vibrations... boo. lol.

bryand

Reaction score
ill be tightening my shocks up today, hope it helps

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did tighten my shock mounts, didn't help.
still need to check the other stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online