Seafoam transmission?

PikesPeakPony

Reaction score
Ok folks so I've noticed lately my t45 just isn't shifting as smooth as it used to and to make matters worse when on my way to school it had a hard time going into first like first didnt even exist or something and i had to keep it in first once it finally dropped in for fear of getting stuck in traffic if it decided not to go in, it does the same thing with reverse. And now first is fine an reverse is a little better but now third is a tough one and the whole thing just feels...ehhhhh. my 96 gt has 143k and I've decided I should change the fluid to see if it helps. Stumbled across seafoam for transmission an thought this would be a great idea my research says seafoam flushes are pretty good. Others say it's magic snake oil. Anybody have any idea about my tranny? And has anyone used seafoam for a flush?

Slykin

Reaction score
Seafoam shouldn't do much on a standard transmission. There's not really any passageways that will get clogged and cause you to not be able to shift. It sounds to me like you just have a synchro failure. You should check your fluid level before you drain it too, if it's low that could be causing shifting problems.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Everything [MENTION=11640]Slykin[/MENTION] said.

Your fluid basically just sits there and smiles in a manual transmission. It's not being pumped through in a hundred mysterious ways like on an automatic

OP
OP
PikesPeakPony

PikesPeakPony

Reaction score
Word I just hate transmissions and dealing with them. My heart goes out to 2011 to 2013 owners with the getrag.

Slykin

Reaction score
Ford just uses crap manual transmissions. I really don't get why they can't figure it out.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
The T45 is actually a really good trans except for the forks. And what you are describing is a ****ed up fork or a shot synchro or both. They also have reverse issues on some of them. When rebuilt with good forks and the 26 spline input shaft they can take as much power as any built stick shift can. With that said, with the mileage on it... time for a new one or rebuild yours. Contact Zak at t45source or Hanlon. Or swap to a built 4R and never worry about missed shifts, synchros, clutches etc... again and be faster in the 1/4 lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online