STEERING Wheel Vibration

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ive recently had this same issue with my 14.....turned out to be a warped pass side rotor. might be something to look into if the other options listed before are all good.

Exactly why I refuse to use an impact to install wheels! 80 lb ft with a torque wrench is enough

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yeah it was definitely up there in the holy shit I might die tonight category lmao.

I dont know what your belief's are but your always protected. Also I just ordered prothane bushings for my oem sway bar and modified sway bar end-links for maximum motorsports. Hopefully this chase down my issue with steering wheel vibration above 50mph. If this doesn't cure it then my step is the brakes. In my mind I know it has to play some type of role because those are only things that are original on my car that would cause that problem.

Above118

Reaction score
Exactly why I refuse to use an impact to install wheels! 80 lb ft with a torque wrench is enough
agreed! unfortunately i was the one that mounted and balance my wheels when i had my tires put on.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Bump.. tires were rebalanced, alignment is done. Still have a nasty shimmy in the wheel. Could a bad rack and pinion be the culprit? Only other things that aren't changed are the inner tierods and front A arm bushings, and they look fine.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
have you considered the terminator rack and pinion joey? not sure if thats the issue but probably is a worth while investment

I have, but theres a kit I have my eyes on from AGR, its very similar to a Termi rack minus the shorter turning radius which I wouldn't want anyways.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings, brake caliper brackets tight? Are you sure its coming from the front, is it in the steering wheel or you seat?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Joey before you blow 200-400 on a terminator rack or AGR. Look at the rag joint on your steering shaft and inspect bushings for sway bar and end links. This is the problem I have with mine because the race wheels put more stress on stock oem rubber components. I have poly urethane sway bar end links and bushings from maximum motorsports. They are not installed yet. Those are the only things that are original in my front suspension, everything else is replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Ive read that buying a terminator rack can be a hit or miss. Cus when they are rebuilt they use the same components as any mustang rack. So unless it's new or came off a terminator you could be getting Just a regular rack with the terminator part number.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings, brake caliper brackets tight? Are you sure its coming from the front, is it in the steering wheel or you seat?

Yessir, all good. At 45-55 MPH its in the steering wheel, 55 and over its under my seat and not so much the steering wheel.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Joey before you blow 200-400 on a terminator rack or AGR. Look at the rag joint on your steering shaft and inspect bushings for sway bar and end links. This is the problem I have with mine because the race wheels put more stress on stock oem rubber components. I have poly urethane sway bar end links and bushings from maximum motorsports. They are not installed yet. Those are the only things that are original in my front suspension, everything else is replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check the shaft. Swaybar endlinks and swaybar bushings are new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Staff online

Members online