T-45 rebuild or upgrade?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Pretty sure the 3650 is a direct bolt it for a Gt car. The cobra has an offset trans mount i know of for the 96-98 models and someone will correct me if im wrong, but should be a direct bolt in minus the speed sensor hook up. Again im not 100% positive if your original speed sensor will directly work. You might need to change the speedo gear that works together with your sensor. I do know the speedo gear is and easy swap if it needs to be. Those with experience will chime in.

Im not familiar with the TKX. Good luck with your choice. We are always here when you need help.

If you have not already made a build thread and like this forum, go over to the build thread and start a thread with pics of your car and maybe some history since purchased and upgrade desires. Its nice to reflect years later and see your progression.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The tr3650 has a different crossmember and a digital pickup. It also uses a different shifter if you pick one up without one.

OP
OP
S

Stringshaker

Reaction score
Pretty sure the 3650 is a direct bolt it for a Gt car. The cobra has an offset trans mount i know of for the 96-98 models and someone will correct me if im wrong, but should be a direct bolt in minus the speed sensor hook up. Again im not 100% positive if your original speed sensor will directly work. You might need to change the speedo gear that works together with your sensor. I do know the speedo gear is and easy swap if it needs to be. Those with experience will chime in.

Im not familiar with the TKX. Good luck with your choice. We are always here when you need help.

If you have not already made a build thread and like this forum, go over to the build thread and start a thread with pics of your car and maybe some history since purchased and upgrade desires. Its nice to reflect years later and see your progression.
I will try to do this when the car gets back in my garage.
I do have a couple on phone I can put up.
Ugh.what's the best photo uploading sight these day's.It's been a long time since I've posted photo's.
thanks.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
No pic hosting site necessary. Get on your phone, simply go to the forums, log on, find the build ups section and create a new post. You can give your car a nickname as a thread title or use your screen name....its whatever really. To post pics, look for the attach files tab or the pic landscape icon and post a pic. We will all be watching, but dont worry if you think your car isnt good enough for the publicity. Most of us started with our cars looking like cluckers. Heck mine is still a bucket of bolts compared to what some of these guys have created.

OP
OP
S

Stringshaker

Reaction score
No pic hosting site necessary. Get on your phone, simply go to the forums, log on, find the build ups section and create a new post. You can give your car a nickname as a thread title or use your screen name....its whatever really. To post pics, look for the attach files tab or the pic landscape icon and post a pic. We will all be watching, but dont worry if you think your car isnt good enough for the publicity. Most of us started with our cars looking like cluckers. Heck mine is still a bucket of bolts compared to what some of these guys have created.
Thanks,I'll give it a shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online