T5 Swap in My 95

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of threads on this topic but not any good info. I wanna swap a stick in my 95 gt. Now where i live, there are not many 94-95 gt trannys. So i know the fox trans would fit if i use the fox bell housing. I found a few 93 gt t5's as they have stronger syncros. But my question is would the tranny from a 93 fit directly like a 94-95 t5 would? Like would i need to swap the tranny mount are anything? Also would i need a 94-98 pedal assembly or will 87-93 work?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can't you just find a v6 sn95 and swap that t5 in?

I'm currently running and GT or cobra T5 in my v6. You might have to beef it up, but if you're running nearly stock I can't imagine any problems.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Can't you just find a v6 sn95 and swap that t5 in?

I'm currently running and GT or cobra T5 in my v6. You might have to beef it up, but if you're running nearly stock I can't imagine any problems.

it will fit but has a significantly lower torque rating and different gearing ratio. I want a 8 banger tranny

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could always get a V6 and swap in V8 gears...seems like a PITA route assuming you can find V8 trannys. I had to swap gears when I discovered my trans was actually from a V6 mid-rebuild. Oops.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
You could always get a V6 and swap in V8 gears...seems like a PITA route assuming you can find V8 trannys. I had to swap gears when I discovered my trans was actually from a V6 mid-rebuild. Oops.

Yea honestly its not worth it. But my question is will the fox tranny work in the aode to mount?

lutter94

Reaction score
Not sure about cross member mounts, but the fox bellhousing is slightly shorter, so assuming you use the entire fox tranny, you will be fine, needing a longer driveshaft. I would assume the shifter would also move forward slightly.....

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
A built auto might be fun, high stall torque converter and shift kit, but that's not really practical for a daily driver imo. I'd rather be able to bang through the gears and be in tune with the car, auto you just put it in drive and go. No fun lol.

Addermk2

Reaction score
A built auto might be fun, high stall torque converter and shift kit, but that's not really practical for a daily driver imo. I'd rather be able to bang through the gears and be in tune with the car, auto you just put it in drive and go. No fun lol.

A stock 4R70W with an upgraded valve body can be shifted manually for that fun factor... But can also just drop it in gear for those lazy days.

After driving my cobra with a T5, 3550, and then driving a tko500... I'm all set. I drove a built AODE 94 GT and I had a blast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Impossible_Fishy

Members online