Vacuum lines??

• Thread starter Deleted per request
  • Start date
D

Deleted per request

I have checked lots of threads but can't seem to find what I need.
95 GT 5.0
I have removed the smog pump and assorted plumbing, left the EGR in placed but blocked of the exhaust inlet and left the connection plug in tact.
I now have the four lines coming from in side the passenger fender that went to the solenoids on the smog stuff, what do I do with these?
IMG_1434.jpg
And is this the check valve that feeds my HVAC in the cab?
IMG_1435 (1).jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Okay great, what about the tan thats with the red and green and the white that's in the same harness by itself?
IMG_1436.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

So just cap those two I take it?
Would you have a schematic for those lines and under the passenger fender??

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

I was thinking the tan was the supply vacuum for those two ....NO?
And the white goes where or capped?

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

I get where the red and green go but where does the white connect?
Any chance you have a schematic of the vacuum lines for our SN95's??

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
One of them go into the fire wall
Look behind your glove box there should be a block of lines on it

Last edited:

shovel

Reaction score
The EGR, evap and secondary air are three unrelated systems.

Secondary air feeds oxygen to the catalytic converters so they can do their job (they need oxygen to make new molecules, exhaust doesn't have much oxygen in it) . On a stock vehicle it also feeds oxygen into the heads to deliver oxygen to the upstream cats, and possibly to serve as a feedback mechanism to announce it is working (because there are no downstream o2 sensors on a 94/95 v8)

EGR maintains dynamic compression ratio at part throttle and limits peak cylinder temperature which reduces NOx emissions and also provides more consistent throttle response at part throttle and extends the life of your exhaust valve stem seals

Evap keeps your garage from smelling like an old lawn mower and lets you burn all the fuel you paid for.

What you do with those things is your business I'm not the smog police but it's a good idea to know what the stuff does because it's more than just to please the authorities.

All of those plastic hoses can be replaced with rubber especially if you have deleted some parts, I personally wouldn't choose to delete the evap or EGR even if I literally hated birds and trees. If you are definitely not going to have EGR and secondary air you can remove the 3 solenoids under the passenger side fender. If you later decide you want EGR after all you can put the solenoid anywhere (like against the firewall).

If you delete the evap solenoid you might still want to have a hose with an orifice going to the evap canister just to stop your car from smelling gross. You can make an orifice the right size by epoxying a short length of "WD-40 can" straw into a vacuum butt connector - that's little enough air it won't affect your idle but enough flow to burn off those fuel vapors you paid good money for at the pump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Great explanation of the systems thank you. The only thing I want to do is get rid of all the EGR associated vacuum lines as I went with headers without any provisions for it. My exhaust system has the cats removed and replaced with x pipe. I have left the EGR solenoid and electrical plug in play and get that the green line goes to EGR, and red to fuel regulator solenoid. The other line in that cluster that is tan I take it needs to be capped, while the white I've been told is for heater/ac controls?? but not sure where it connects on engine bay side?(I didn't take all this stuff off) Is there a schematic showing these lines would answer all my questions but I can't find one anywhere?

OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

Could someone ID these solenoids for me please? Thanks
1710882140542.png
If the two solenoids on the left are the air diverter solenoids, those should be gone after removing the smog pump plumbing(white lines)...yes? Then if the one to the right is the EGR solenoid (green) keep and then the vacuum canister keep for evap...yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted per request

I don’t know why it doesn’t show the tan or white on this but this is what the book shows View attachment 33504
Yeah I have seen that pic thanks but really not that helpful when trying to locate connection locations???
And from that diagram the fuel regulator comes right off the intake not the red line from the solenoid???
This is starting to drive me over the edge!!LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

shovel

Reaction score
The two smaller ones are for the secondary air system and the larger one is for the egr valve. If you have removed both of those systems you can discard all of those solenoids and all of the vacuum tubing.

I converted my secondary air system to electric and eliminated those solenoids, and I relocated my EGR solenoid to near the firewall.

Flade

Reaction score
I have checked lots of threads but can't seem to find what I need.
95 GT 5.0
I have removed the smog pump and assorted plumbing, left the EGR in placed but blocked of the exhaust inlet and left the connection plug in tact.
I now have the four lines coming from in side the passenger fender that went to the solenoids on the smog stuff, what do I do with these?
View attachment 33466
And is this the check valve that feeds my HVAC in the cab?
View attachment 33464
No that is the evaporator canister purge check valve that sucks the fumes out of the charcoal canister after startup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online