What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

wmfateam

Reaction score
Changed the oil and bled the brakes. Then test drove. Car is no longer smoking so I assume everything that had built up in the junkyard motor is now cleared out. Car is feeling decently strong so I did a couple pulls to third gear. On the third pull right before I shifted into 3rd, the rear universal joint went full grenade mode. After walking back to work and getting my truck and trailer, spent 30 minutes using two ratchet straps to pull the car onto the trailer. So much for the "good deal" drive shaft I bought back in 2012, lol.
broken universal joint.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Changed the oil and bled the brakes. Then test drove. Car is no longer smoking so I assume everything that had built up in the junkyard motor is now cleared out. Car is feeling decently strong so I did a couple pulls to third gear. On the third pull right before I shifted into 3rd, the rear universal joint went full grenade mode. After walking back to work and getting my truck and trailer, spent 30 minutes using two ratchet straps to pull the car onto the trailer. So much for the "good deal" drive shaft I bought back in 2012, lol.
View attachment 34399

That u joint lasted a long time

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh dayum!

Ive seen that before, although the U-joint and the welded end where still attached to the rear end. The driveshaft end wasnt welded good. Luckily it was an F150 and had plenty of room for the attached end to wirhl around violently, dang near sending the truck into an offroad rage with all the counterbalance vibrations

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yanked the interior out of my car and bolted the drag pack back on my car it looks killer with a 28x10.50 on it . I’d upload pictures but I gotta iPhone 15pro the other day and I guess it keeps saying picture size to large .

J_lope82

Reaction score
It’s back on the road. Drove it a few miles yesterday. Everything seems to be doing good just need to make some minor adjustments. I still haven’t hit the 500 mile break-in point. And I still need to secure down the battery box. Lol safety first said the safety guy.
Took it out yesterday, hadn’t washed it yet and got several complements, I almost made a guy rear end a truck cause he was looking at my car lol stupid.
But today I was able to finally wash it. Back to terrorizing the corvettes in the streetz jajaja yeah right.

IMG_1186.jpegIMG_1188.jpeg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It’s back on the road. Drove it a few miles yesterday. Everything seems to be doing good just need to make some minor adjustments. I still haven’t hit the 500 mile break-in point. And I still need to secure down the battery box. Lol safety first said the safety guy.
Took it out yesterday, hadn’t washed it yet and got several complements, I almost made a guy rear end a truck cause he was looking at my car lol stupid.
But today I was able to finally wash it. Back to terrorizing the corvettes in the streetz jajaja yeah right.

View attachment 34460View attachment 34461

Hell yeah you need to secure the battery box!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
got my baseline suspension pro launch 2 relocated upper control arms installed today nice straight forward install had to drill out the body side for the upgraded 5/8” hardware and that was it . Removal of the axle housing bushings was easy I still have the removal tool from replacing all the bushings on my IRS and it worked perfect

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Swapped out my 94-98 Cobra calipers to some 99-04 calipers. Improved the pedal feel greatly. Did a bit of a custom touch by painting them bullitt style.

IMG_8960.jpeg

ALso swapped in a 1999 Cobra cluster. I did it the uncommon way by initializing the module to my ECU using ForScan and then performing a PATS key programming. CLuster fired up perfectly on the first try to all my keys.

DOwnside is mileage. The cobra cluster has 65K and my car has 70K miles, so I hate to muck up the mileage. Looks like i'll board swap this cluster instead to transfer my mileage over. Downside to that method is the speedo sweep is not accurate since the GT board things it's sweeping a 150MPH speedo face rather than the cobra 160MPH face. But the odometer stays spot on so mile mileage reading will stay accurate. The reason I did the Forscan method was so the Cobra board would sweep the 160MPH speedo face properly. I'm a stickler for things to work correctly.

If anyone knows how I can adjust the mileage on the cobra cluster I'm all ears. I have a bidirectional OBD2 scanner than car do mileage adjustments but the new edge is not supported. I'm trying to keep it spot on as this is important to me.

IMG_9368.jpeg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I need a set of 99-04 calipers they’re way better than 94-98 cobra calipers .

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Not a dam thing had to many people over could not get anything done or concentrate
mostly people out of state
surprise visits suck!

garrittpwl

Reaction score
Not much today. But yesterday went to a local cars and coffee with my dad and his 1955 Studebaker. 3k cars at this event. It's wild. Graham Rahal Performance in Brownsburg, IN if anyone is familiar. Filled the whole industrial complex before it was over. 1000002436.jpg
1000002439.jpg