what would it look like shaved?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
15983862_large.jpg

Was wondering if you could shave the bezel/beginning of the brake vent? I do not want the hole closed up, I want to smooth out the transition of the two pieces at the start of the vent so it all looks like one piece. While I am here can I also get the transition from the side exhaust rocker to the bottom of the car smoothed out so there isn't a line there? Couldn't tell you how annoyed I was when I picked it up and the left it like this. I guess the guy didn't want to sand on it at all but I thought it would b a smooth transition when I paid extra for it to be screwed/bonded/mounted like I did. Thanks.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Not the cleanest job - but did it real quick - still gives an idea of what it would look like. I
I dig the idea - and personally hate seams, think it would look really nice and subtle to smooth it out:
15983862_large_zps1aa7de03.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks that's all I was wanting and it looks 10x better then anything I could have done. Idunnno its different and not sure if I like is as much as I thought I would....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have something special planned for the emblems and been kicking around the idea of something for the handles.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wish I would have smoothed my vents in now

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't the side skirts usually just have one seam at the door? like if yours were mounted higher you wouldn't see that extra line.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
much prefer the vents. wouldnt mind seeing it with out the outline, but the scoop still there....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't the side skirts usually just have one seam at the door? like if yours were mounted higher you wouldn't see that extra line.
They are actually supposed to be double sided tape mounted/screwed on the sides to hold them on and with that there is an even worse seem. Its not a problem that anyone has ever commented on, except me...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are actually supposed to be double sided tape mounted/screwed on the sides to hold them on and with that there is an even worse seem. Its not a problem that anyone has ever commented on, except me...

well I don't know what makes yours look like that but i've never seen SVO style skirts with that extra seam along the bottom of the door.

thorco3

Reaction score
I've seen cars with the side scoop smoothed... it doesn't look very good. Now the red coupe posted above, the one that has the entire scoop filled in... that I like, makes it look a lil more like the s197.

thorco3

Reaction score
I'd like to see some more pics of that red coupe above

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I don't know what makes yours look like that but i've never seen SVO style skirts with that extra seam along the bottom of the door.
Have you ever really looked? There is no way to hide the seem. Most people when they check them out just look at the tips and never notice how it joins.

CWO

Reaction score
I don't have many more of it, anything in particular you'd like to see? Just the filled in scoop?

thorco3

Reaction score
I found more pics, but thanks... yeah the completely shaved and smoothed scoop looks pretty good on that red car. I'm personally not a big fan of just the scoop smoothed out though.

Scott here's a coupe that should give you an idea of what they look like on a pretty similar car.

http://s298.photobucket.com/user/web_swcustoms/media/005-1.jpg.html

DSCN0622.jpg

the link above has more pics of same car

thorco3

Reaction score
The v6 pictured above is actually done pretty well. There was a red v6 years ago with the same kinda thing... they didn't look as good.

Anyways... I think this looks pretty sweet though (haha, CWO, I didn't realize this was actually your car. Did you do the body work on the scoop?)

9cc71692.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broken02GT

Members online