What's it worth? 95GT

joemomma

Reaction score
Thinking about putting my car up for sale. The low-down:
1995 Mustang GT Premium
5-speed
3.73 gears
160k indicated* miles
Stock engine, minus smog pump removal (down to the factory airbox)
New plugs, wires, coil, cap
New SVE 130A alternator
Exhaust - shorty headers, BBK offroad X pipe, Borla ProXS mufflers, 3" Flowmaster tailpipes
Modifications:
Replaced factory front seats with eBay reclining buckets (matching black/gray)
Rear seat delete
17" Staggered Cobra Rs with Nitto 555G2 (17x9 with 255/45, 17x10.5 with 315/35)
Eibach Sportlines
KYB Gas-A-Just shocks/struts
SVE CC plates
Summit Racing aluminum driveshaft
SN95 Cobra front brakes with fresh Stop Tech pads and DOT3 fluid
Abbott ERA speed correction box
Cobra front bumper and hood
Cobra front headlights/foglights
Professionally painted in factory Crystal White
Fresh 20% tint
Stereo: Alpine BT CD player, RF/NVX speakers, Alpine 5 channel amp, 12" Kicker in slot ported box

* mileage - PO regeared with the 3.73s, but didn't correct the speedo. I'm guessing it's probably a little lower than that in actual miles, but I have no way to verify this.

I still have the factory seats (front/rear) along with the front bumper and hood. I also have the factory rotors/calipers.

Car is insured with Haggerty for declared value of $15k, which is what I have in it according to my spreadsheet. I'm not looking to get $15k, I just don't think the market is there for the SN95 yet, but something north of $10k I would take. I see a lot of roached out SN95s for sale, but this is one of the cleanest around. Nice examples seem to go for $8-9000 from what I've seen in comparable shape.

What do y'all think?

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Man it’s hard to say. There are so many factors. For one I feel like everything is kind of priced low cause people are broke. Also location will effect it some and you will most likely have to sit on it for a minute to get what you want. What you said sounds about right to me though.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
well around this area some are going for 4 to 6 for a none molested one
and mods are around 7 to 9 depending on body shape and interior

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
my question is
why are you getting rid of it
it is your ride and i get some reasons why people get rid of them
its hard for me to let them go
just saying

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
You're going to have a hard time getting over $10k out of it in my mind. Quick glance on FB Marketplace puts a lot of "better" cars in between us from $10-15k. And by better, I mean Cobra, lower mileage cars, and boosted cars, all in good shape.

There's a white 94 GT with 116k miles and a blower for $13k in Shelbyville, a Mystic with 119k miles in Portland for $11,750.

There's 5-6 cars with similar or lower mileage and similar mods, albeit not repainted, for $5-7k.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Not sure where my earlier response got to lol...

Anyway, I'm selling to get in something newer, and something the wife will be more apt to ride in. She doesn't care for the '94 at all (it's small, low, and loud). I'm also growing tired of tinkering with it, to be honest. I just want something I can jump in and drive and not feel like I "have" to be doing something to it. Which I can do that with the 94, but I always feel like I need to be doing something to it, if that makes sense. I could certainly end up in a newer Mustang at the end of the day. She did have an '11 when we first met, and liked it. So something like a '13-'14 GT wouldn't be out of the question.

cntinuum

Reaction score
These cars are a bargain in the current market. I have a 1997 that I bought in 2007 for 15K. It was a long term test car that Car and Driver bought and did a writeup on it in July 1999. The SVO supercharger and real Corba R wheels are worth more than the rest of the car! Looks like I might have to hold on to it for another 17 years IF I want to get my purchase price out of it.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
It's up on FB Marketplace if anyone is interested lol.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The dealers don't mind asking a lot. Pricing is better than I expected. On Bring a Trailer, they aren't getting much love.
problem with dealers is there some crooked MOFOS
one of these 95-04 pop up in their system or in their dealer's lot
a mechanic already has his eyes glued to it
and already making a deal on it before it gets to lot for you to buy it

i was one of those mechanics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConnorBlue4Mustang

Members online

No members online now.