Wings on the highway - New Edge

shovel

Reaction score
Just a question for those who daily a car with a wing,

My wife's got a 2002 new edge with the factory wing and years of closing the trunk has damaged its pedestals. I patched it up enough to hold together.. body work isn't a strength for me. I'd just go wingless and put some real nice looking beveled aluminum finish hardware in the holes and never think about it again if it was my car but it's hers and she says sports cars need wings.

I'm not going to trivialize her opinion it's her car and we all do things for aesthetics, wings do look kinda cool anyway.

So I'm looking at the Steeda wing and the Cerbinator duck tail.

1711398590964.png
1711398360424.png

The cost vs. buying a replacement OEM wing and painting it really isn't enough money to matter so I don't care about a cost discussion.

Is there any particular reason she would want to avoid either of those wings for a car that's going to see mostly interstate highways and city streets? Noticeable drag or noise, hassle opening the trunk, anything else I haven't thought of?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If it were me in your shoes, id let the wife know the options, show her whats available and possible differences from stock(you already know mustang life with the stock wing) and id let her pick it out. This way it was her choice when she has a gripe about it.....lol.

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
It's a good point, those are the three (including stock) she said she likes. For my own part I sort of prefer the 99 wing over the 01+ wing - not enough to want to deal with relocating the holes or finding and painting a 99 trunk lid.

My biggest concern is if a functional wing is also a noisy wing, and since nothing's free I don't want those extra pounds of downforce at 75mph to also mean it burns twice as much fuel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online