Would a 22-gallon Cobra R fuel cell fit a SVT.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Was just looking at build specs and noticed the 1995 Cobra R has a 22-gallon fuel cel. Nice! Not for nuthin’, but….Would it fit in a 1995 SVT Cobra?

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
If you're running the stock exhaust. I tried putting a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust on my '95R and it hit the fuel cell on both sides. I had called Flowmaster up front and was assured it would work. That was a huge mess. I ended up trailering the car (at my expense) to an exhaust shop that Flowmaster recommended and afterwards the tailpipes hit the frame. I ended up throwing the entire Flowmaster system into a dumpster.
Those fuel cells are not inexpensive pieces (over $4K) and they do need to have the bladder replaced every 10 years or so as they eventually start leaking. Aircraft Rubber Manufacturing Co. (Fuel Safe parent company name) will make you a new bladder, but the kit itself is well over $3,000. They will install it for free if you ship the cell to them. That is what I recommend because they don't stock the kits and make the bladders to fit the cell you send them. If you go that route they will also re-certify it, but that's only important if you're racing in a series that checks for that. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm glad to help.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m running dumps, but it’s a moot point if the fuel tanks are $3-4k. Nope. Ain’t have’ it! End of story!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Yeah they are not cheap to buy or maintain, but they do hold a lot of fuel and make the car safer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.