02 Gt strange noise

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I can't wait to get home and have a look at my propshaft now. Good find. So you say the in/ out play has gone but how about the nosie has that stopped as well?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I think the play is gone, it seems a lot more solid now too. But the noise is still there and I can hear it in 2nd now too and in 1st during decel so whatever it is is getting worse. I hate to pull a transmission that functions and has less than 100k miles on it but that damn sound is killing me. Its a side project so I don’t have to get on it right away but it’ll get done probably this year. Its a good excuse to upgrade to a t56 though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the play is gone, it seems a lot more solid now too. But the noise is still there and I can hear it in 2nd now too and in 1st during decel so whatever it is is getting worse. I hate to pull a transmission that functions and has less than 100k miles on it but that damn sound is killing me. Its a side project so I don’t have to get on it right away but it’ll get done probably this year. Its a good excuse to upgrade to a t56 though lol.

Is it bad to say ride it out till whatever it is gives??? You have aaa don’t ya???

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actualllllyyyyyyyyy I do haha!

When my clutch cable started to stretch and I wasn’t sure if it was the cable or the pressure plate. I said fawk it, whichever would need replacing so I rolled it till the cable gave out. Then I knew for sure. [emoji38]

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
When my clutch cable started to stretch and I wasn’t sure if it was the cable or the pressure plate. I said fawk it, whichever would need replacing so I rolled it till the cable gave out. Then I knew for sure. [emoji38]

Lol! Honestly thats probably what I’m going to do since its not my dd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online