3 valve swap

driftingmustang

Reaction score
well, pi swaps are very common, 4 valve swaps are kind of common, but what about a 3 valve swap, intake, heads and all the juicy goodness from modern mustangs implanted into our stangs. has any one done this here? how hard or easy it compared to a pi swap, etc? and the price? havent heard of this being done, not that im on this site much so maybe i just never saw it, just curious if any one has anything on it (have knowledge, done it yourself, etc.)

cheddar

Reaction score
I have looked into it alot its doesn't seem to hard other than alot of wiring.

Quote:The 3v swap is not easy but well worth it I don't know everything that is involved with it but i do know the basics. The heads/cams, intake bolt right onto th block (i used my 2000 block). For the intake we used a 03 cobra TB with an adaptor plate, for the headers we used 2v LT headers with adaptor plates, these plates can be bought from Logan Motorsports - SCT Tuning. The stock GT computer was used. There is much more involved but i just dont know or cant remember, if your serious about this get in touch with guys at logan motorsports, they did all the work.

If you were to buy a complete engine then you would have to modify the engine mounts and get the wiring harness and computer and thats about it.

With ported heads,cams, full exhaust the car made 370rwhp

This quote is from http://stangplanet.com/forum/4-6-liter-mustang-forum/1713-3v-swap.html
The adapter kit is from http://www.loganmotorsports.com/

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Checkout Logan motorsports(google it for the address) they have a kit so that you can swap 3V heads onto your car.

Dragonfueled

Reaction score
Yeah this does look pretty cool. Hell a 4 valve putting down 370rwhp would be allot of cash. 4 valve heads and cams are allot of money and the 3 valve stuff is allot cheaper and more common. Arent 4 valves making about that power with heads and cams and stuff?

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
in the short term im not serious about doing this, no money, and when i find a job i will prioritize suspension, and chassis but will one day need to boost my horsepower so getting an idea for stuff is good for now, i may do Full PI swap or just cams and intake before i can afford some serious power. by the way, about the job thing, been looking, uh, if you live in Georgia or know of any jobs in the Woodstock Georgia are, please pm me, i been applying places and i cant get a job, I have sales experience, and unfortunately the horror of fast food, lol. damn the recession..........

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
i was just thinking, i wondering what modular power house can do for me (when im not broke) considering the are located only a couple miles from me.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
From what I understand 3 valve swaps are a nightmare. Don't do it. Just do a navi swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online