31,000 Original miles on 94 cobra...depress clutch “weep” sound?

RR94COBRASC

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. I have a 94 RR Cobra with 31,000 original miles. Just recently when I depress the clutch pedal I hear a “weep” sound come from what seems the middle of the dash. I know sounds can transmit, so I lithium greased the pivot on the pedal and where the cable rides on the quadrant. That didn’t solve the issue. Any thoughts?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when you replace it only ONLY ONLY use a ford racing TOB. Even if the clutch you get (since your in there) comes with one get the ford racing

OP
OP
R

RR94COBRASC

Reaction score
Is the squeak just a nuisance? Everything is operating as it should.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this is true but I drove on mine making noise for almost 4 months before it really got bad enough to be a concern.

OP
OP
R

RR94COBRASC

Reaction score
I think it might be something else, it’s just a little werp when I start to push the pedal. There is no squealing or anything unlike all the YouTube videos.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is how it starts. At first you just kind of feel it and hope its not there, but its there getting a little bit worse every time you push it.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Yep, ttocs is right. At first you will think you are hearing things. I stupidly put a Zoom clutch and tob in my 98 the first time I did one. 10k and the "weep" started. A cheap way to delay the repair is to carefully pack high temp grease into the tob. I was able to keep the tob alive until I rebuilt the T45 a year later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online