4R70W Manual Valve Body vs. Controller

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to start working on finishing up my interior/shifter relocation swap. I already have a 4R70W with a PI multi disc converter and it currently has an upgraded automatic valve body. The game plan was originally to go with a Hurst Pistol Grip RMVB shifter and than decide on which MVB to go with. The more I read, the more it seems like this may get old since this is strictly a street car, having to manually control overdrive and lockup on a toggle switch. I started reading up on US Shift controllers. It's confusing me a little but what their actual functionality is. Can anybody shed any light? If I were to get a controller, such as the US Shift and use it with my current 4R70W, could I use the RMVB Hurst shifter still? Can overdrive and lockup of the converter remain electronic (and automatic), could I still have a mode to do full manual control? Would I still need to get a RMVB installed or would I need to now get a manual RMVB along with the shifter? Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online