5.0 timing cover gaskets

optionizerSS

Reaction score
So you guys have seen my posts about my AF leak. I added dye to the coolant and it looks like maybe the timing cover may be the culprit. Also looks like there might be a crack near one of the bolts. Plan is to replace the cover and water pump while I'm in there. Also any hoses that look aged too.
Anyway, looks like LMR has a kit with Fel Pro gaskets but the oil pan 'extender' gaskets look like cork. In my engine building days I always used Fel Pro but tried avoiding cork gaskets. Where can I get better 'extender' gaskets?
1995 5.0

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ya it sounds like a timming chain cover and water pump
There is also a gasket and plate that separate the 2
That cork gasket has always been in those kits for the corner of oil pan
There is some stuff called gasket maker
And the right stuff
Both are good sealants

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can we assume you checked online at FelPro for the extender gasket? Maybe they have it but it’s just not part of the LMR kit.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Ordered a new timing cover kit from LMR today. Was gonna order the Gates water pump from there too but it said it would not work with their timing cover so will probably just pick one up from Auto Zone or something so I can test it before putting it on.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If you can’t find the correct gasket, you can always cut your own from gasket paper.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im hearing some gaskets are not available for single purchase anymore, for all car makes and can only be sourced from complete engine gasket kits or rebuild kits. This may or may not be the case for you, but if you cant find what youre looking for try looking into engine gasket kits

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online