94 GT aode rebuild question

godfearingman

Reaction score
Hi I've decided after pricing parts and everything to just rebuild my factory aode in my 94 GT instead of the doing a manual swap I already have the rebuild kit sitting here my question is what solenoids/sensors do I need to replace while I have the transmission out? I'm planning on replacing the torque converter because it has the dreaded shuttering and the MLPS thanks in advance!

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Get all the shift solenoids as well.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Order from a specialty shop. Like whatever it takes transmission parts. They'll sell you the solenoid pack as a complete kit.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Never seen a harness inside go bad. Always the solenoids.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
No problem. Usually specialty dealers sell the kits and are almost always cheaper.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
No problem. Usually specialty dealers sell the kits and are almost always cheaper.

I've never heard of cobra transmission until today and there the only one's I found with the solenoids sold as a kit instead of separately for my 94 for some reason . This is my first time attempting a transmission rebuild but had a buddy on here who works on Allison transmissions send me links to videos on how to rebuild it plus I bought the repair/service manual when I bought the rebuild kit. The videos makes it seems pretty easy with good mechanical skills.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Just make sure your work area is extremely clean and you put all the check balls back in their proper holes in the valve body.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
I was planning on getting 13 quarts of supertech mercon v transmission fluid since I work at Walmart its $4.27/quart and I can use my discount making it less than $44 or should I spend twice that and buy name brand?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy