95 GT HVAC blend door motor

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
I have the typical "defrost only" situation right now that I've been troubleshooting. I went through the steps of replacing the vac line from the tree to the under dash diaphragm to no success. I then started pulling a vacuum on each line with a mightyvac off of the back of the switch and the yellow line that runs back to the blend door motor for the dash/defrost vent pulled no vacuum. So I would assume that that motor is bad correct? I also pulled a vacuum on the yellow line itself and it held just fine with my finger plugging one end off. With everything reconnected and the car running, I can pull the yellow line off of the vac motor and it has a decent suction to it.

So bad vac motor correct?

Next question, how do I replace it after I get a new vacuum motor?

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I have the typical "defrost only" situation right now that I've been troubleshooting. I went through the steps of replacing the vac line from the tree to the under dash diaphragm to no success. I then started pulling a vacuum on each line with a mightyvac off of the back of the switch and the yellow line that runs back to the blend door motor for the dash/defrost vent pulled no vacuum. So I would assume that that motor is bad correct? I also pulled a vacuum on the yellow line itself and it held just fine with my finger plugging one end off. With everything reconnected and the car running, I can pull the yellow line off of the vac motor and it has a decent suction to it.

So bad vac motor correct?

Next question, how do I replace it after I get a new vacuum motor?

That sounds correct. Pretty common for these to go bad. Just had a guy purchase the motor yesterday to fix his. There are 2 small 10mm nuts on the back side if i remember right that hold it on. Once you get them off you turn the motor and pull it off the shaft that it is attached to. Super easy if the dash is out, not sure about with the dash being in still. If you need a motor they are $5 plus $7 for shipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online