95 mustang cobra harmonic balance and clutch question.

kuball

Reaction score
Hello all,

i'm new to the forums and to the sn95 owners club, as I recently purchased a 95 cobra and i'm trying to iron out a few issues that arose shortly after.

I'm looking to replace the harmonic balance on my 95 cobra and i was told that this balance would work on my vehicle. I was hesitant on getting this one put in because it doesn't have my vehicle listed in the fitment.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-163302

Also i just replaced the clutch due to a rear main seal leak which killed my old one with a centerforce duel friction and i'm getting some crazy vibration and chatter when engaging the clutch and downshifting. I replaced the flywheel, clutch release bearing, and clutch kit. Is this vibration something that's normal or something i need to investigate?

Any help and clarification would be greatly appreciated. thanks all.

OP
OP
K

kuball

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer on the balance. I read that it came with the spacer kit so i think i should be be good to go with that one.

As for the flywheel i went with ford racing, and as far as the break in i haven't really been hard on the clutch since it went in about 250-300 Stop go miles ago. No hard accelerations or hard shifts , but i'm still getting the shutter which concerned me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6375-b302/overview/year/1995/make/ford/model/mustang

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you clock your drive shaft the same as before if your balancer is dicked you will get nasty vibrations as well

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I did my last clutch swap i installed that same flywheel and I'm also battling a severe vibration, I haven't tested the flywheel separately yet but it's either the flywheel or pressure plate and chances are it's going to be the flywheel. I'm going to replace it with the billet version that's SFI approved if it proves to be the cause.

OP
OP
K

kuball

Reaction score
Harmonic balance is installed and working no issues.

The vibration with the clutch engagement is still there though. It seems to be lessening the more i drive it but now i'm getting a slight squeak when i barely put my foot on the clutch, which leads me to believe i may have gotten a hold of a bunk throw-out bearing. I'm hoping its not the flywheel or pressure plate as they are new and i would hate waste more money.

thanks all for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online