95 Supercharger

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Alright, I finally made up my mind. I am going to get a Supercharger. However Now im confused. I dont know which one I want, Kenne Bell or Vortech... I have heard both good and bad but i just cannot choose.... See i was thinkin since the Vortech is a Centrifugal supercharger it may be a better choice. I heard that since I have those 4.10's in the rear it may help. Anyway, What do you guys think?? I really need the help. Oh also, what other upgrades should I do just to get the car ready?? I mean I know there is a lot involved and even if I dont get the Blower now, I could always work twards it. Thanks a bunch!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
yea your car sucks its not even in the 9's :hammer:

Give it time . . . give it time . . . . ;)

Moonflair . . I'd go with the Vortech. HCI and exhaust will help you maximize the power potential.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KB on the 95 is pretty affordable... they're like 5-6K on a modular.

Vortec - reliable, good support.

ATI - some people have good exp, some have bad.
they're support sux.
i'd go with the D1SC - the PI and 600 are not very effieicnt.

I'd go KB, but any blower will rock.

Centrifical will go well with your 410's
if you go posative, you'll probably wanna go with 355s

Other mods? good flowing exhaust, and some fat rear tires, BC you'll need traction.
suspension mods is a whole new ballgame.
good luck.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
KB on the 95 is pretty affordable... they're like 5-6K on a modular.

Vortec - reliable, good support.

ATI - some people have good exp, some have bad.
they're support sux.
i'd go with the D1SC - the PI and 600 are not very effieicnt.

I'd go KB, but any blower will rock.

Centrifical will go well with your 410's
if you go posative, you'll probably wanna go with 355s

Other mods? good flowing exhaust, and some fat rear tires, BC you'll need traction.
suspension mods is a whole new ballgame.
good luck.

the guys at KB have something aginst mods, why in the hell are they so expensive

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
the guys at KB have something aginst mods, why in the hell are they so expensive

Big Name, Fat head? I dunno for sure.
but it's the reason I don't have one on my car.

if it was less expensive, I would have done it about 2 years ago.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I already have some good flowing exhast and 385 Nitto 555s. I am really torn between the ones as suggested. Although I want to go that route, Also recently I looked into putting a stroked out 351 in my car. I found out it would cost 6k but I could get one set up. A stroked out 351 (to a 385) should be good enough power.... but who knows....

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
6K for a motor swap vs. 3-4K for a blower, I'd blow it!

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I guess it all depends... I mean, I can make 6k as quick as 4k so if I go that route I can have a larger engine that's stronger and If I SC or put a Turbo on top of that, then we are talking INSANE power...

txlen

Reaction score
i have to admit..i love my K/B but for the next setup of mods i'm doin i'm going twin turbo now....but bang for the buck , and fun of it there will never be a regret for buying the K/B...Len

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well guys, I did decide to go with the SC after all! Its Truubles Vortech SQ Trim. I think Its gonna be fun!

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Nopes... We tryed to make a deal and I couldnt make the money up in time.... its all good though... Ill just wait till its right..

ripper

Reaction score
Ok im not trying to change your mind BUT..... a few guys in here bashed procharger. I have a p-1 and have never had 1 problem with it for 3 yrs. I have heard about the bracket issue but ive never seen it. Remember procharger comes with everything. Including the intercooler, i have the stage2. All the others come non intercooled and need to be oil fed. Again im not trying to change your mind (takes long enough to finally decide on these things lol) I just think for the money its a great s/c.

ps: kb looks awesome under your hood

Maniak87

Reaction score
i just bought an s-trim!!! i'm putting it on in a month, can't wait!!!!!

i went with it cuz its the cheapest blower kit out there. for now, i am sticking with the stock inhectors and MAF. i will upgrade to better in time.