A/C pump question

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok guys, so how do you know when your a/c pump is going out? I noticed that when mine is on that it spins ( and when I say spins im talking about the triangle looking wheel ) and then it stops and my engine constantly surges. Thanks in advance for all the help...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Normally that means an a/c charge "topping off" so to speak ,assuming nothing is mechanically wrong with the pump.

Go to the store and look for a recharge can of R134. The can should have an adapter connector attached and recharge your system.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Normally that means an a/c charge "topping off" so to speak ,assuming nothing is mechanically wrong with the pump.

Go to the store and look for a recharge can of R134. The can should have an adapter connector attached and recharge your system.
OK I know how to recharge it I have done that before, but that was the golden question is something was mechanically wrong with the pump because it acts this way when put on defrost to???? And I will try recharging it...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The a/c has a pressure switch or you can call it a sensor, but if the system is low of gas the a/c will toggle on and off. Also not real 100% sure if the a/c pump is designed to toggle on/off in defrost. Someone should chime in about it

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
The a/c has a pressure switch or you can call it a sensor, but if the system is low of gas the a/c will toggle on and off. Also not real 100% sure if the a/c pump is designed to toggle on/off in defrost. Someone should chime in about it
I watched a couple videos on youtube today and found a video where a guy was having the same on and off situation I was having and he solved the problem with adding Freon so I'm going to add some and hopefully that takes care of all of my problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online