Advice on Ebay Convertible Top

justi88

Reaction score
Hey Guys, haven´t been active on the forum for 10 years, my stang has also been stored for many years but well this year is the 30th Anniversary and I want to put it back in good shape.

Ive been looking to import a new convertible top for the car and I have found this, it seems good and I dont mind it being a 1 piece. I mostly care that it fits, looks good and new. I live overseas so anything I buy from the states will cost me more than the double because of the shipping, taxes, etc. Down below I´ll post the link:

Any input would be appreciated guys, thanks!

GTamas

Reaction score
I have no experience with it, but I heard that the pvc windows don't age well, they get yellowish, or hazy and are more prone to scratches. I would look for a two-piece with glass.
If your glass and the surrounding material is in good shape, you can also buy just the main piece separately.

OP
OP
justi88

justi88

Reaction score
I have no experience with it, but I heard that the pvc windows don't age well, they get yellowish, or hazy and are more prone to scratches. I would look for a two-piece with glass.
If your glass and the surrounding material is in good shape, you can also buy just the main piece separately.
This one comes with a glass window but in a one piece configuration.

GTamas

Reaction score
This one comes with a glass window but in a one piece configuration.
I would ask the seller to confirm. I haven't seen a 1piece with glass for the SN95 before. Could be interesting if it is indeed glass 1piece. On the 5th picture it writes pvc.

OP
OP
justi88

justi88

Reaction score
I would ask the seller to confirm. I haven't seen a 1piece with glass for the SN95 before. Could be interesting if it is indeed glass 1piece. On the 5th picture it writes pvc.
Contacted the seller, gave him my VIN # and he has confirmed it fits the car. Also confirmed that it comes with a glass window. I think I´m going to give it a try. I saw these type of one-piece tops are common in the 05-09 models.

Last edited:

GTamas

Reaction score
Contacted the seller, gave him my VIN # and he has confirmed it fits the car. Also confirmed that it comes with a glass window. I think I´m going to give it a try. I saw these type of one-piece tops are common in the 05-09 models.
Sounds good, good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Trust me on this one: you will need new everything especially the pads that keep the cables from digging into the top material. Kee or Robbins tops are usually the best. Other brands I can't speak of. Take it to a shop that specifically does conv tops among whatever other work they do; you want someone that absolutely knows what they're doing or it'll look like hell when it's done.

OP
OP
justi88

justi88

Reaction score
Trust me on this one: you will need new everything especially the pads that keep the cables from digging into the top material. Kee or Robbins tops are usually the best. Other brands I can't speak of. Take it to a shop that specifically does conv tops among whatever other work they do; you want someone that absolutely knows what they're doing or it'll look like hell when it's done.
Yep, I’m buying all of the weatherstrip, new cables and will take to a shop to have it done which is one of the best in my city. They’ll do my carpet and rear seats too.

Slice

Reaction score
Never saw a one-piece top with glass for our vintage of cars. Try to find some reviews from others who have actually bought this. You know there's a lot of bullshit out there on the internet