advice

newguy

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I'm getting ready to update my car but not sure how . i have a 95 gt vert with 93k i think it has jasper tags all over it so not sure . i was looking at the trick flow top end kits,pro kit springs, rear upper & lower control arms. 3.55 gears. is that a good start I'd like to be able to take my buddy 00 vette.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
first off welcome. The normal vettes arent hard tobeat i used to walk them in my KB 5.0

I would start off with a good tune up (no sence in pouring money into a car that needs one) its kinda like eating off a plate that has been used over and over..why eat off of it when you can get a clean one.

Start with a tune up.

I would go 3.73's with Maximum Motorsports LCA's no need for the uppers right now. The trick flow setup is good, should be right around 280 or so. and slap on a little 75 dry shot with some DR's ad your set. Or you can do what i did which is geta KB S/C on a stock block stock internal 5.0 up the boost to 11psi, get some gears and 31 DR's and beat them by 5+ cars lol

OP
OP
N

newguy

Reaction score
thanks guys. no i don't have any pics yet. i did a tune up and put on a cold air kit, catless h pipe ,flowmaster catback. what does dr stand for sorry

916_5.0

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good plan ya got there i was thinking about doing the trick flow set up to its a pretty good kit from what I hear. Oh and i believe he was refering to drag radials when he said DR's.

Downshift

Reaction score
DR= Drag Radials.
Trickflow kit is pretty good. Like KB said I would go with 3.73s its more gear but not too much still keep top speed and freeway driving isnt bad.

OP
OP
N

newguy

Reaction score
sorry i took so long to reply alot going on right know. i just got back from carlisle and i pick up my springs ,373 gears they said i needed these caster chamber plates whats up with that. and would that be 280 to the wheels with the trick flow kit thanks so much you guys rock

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Castor Camber plates are for your front end alighment, you don't really need those unless you want to upgrade, or if your car is slammed.

I'd say Gears and heads is the place to start!
373 OR 410's if your staying NA (naturally asperated) I'd say go for the 410's.

also the tune up would be good.
then if you want to look into helping put the power down, Lower Control arms is the place to start there, Like KB said.

95-stang

Reaction score
So just for my curiosity, is Trickflow the best engine mod for the money?
My engines stock, bar timing at 14 btdc, and just wondered where to start.

ripper

Reaction score
Were exactly do you see these Jasper tags? You may have a new motor.

OP
OP
N

newguy

Reaction score
i did buy pro kit spring i think it's 1.5 in. drop is that consider slammed. I gave the car a tune up you know plugs ,wires ,cap ,rotor, i did not change the fuel filter sorry. those jasper tags one is on my hood the under side of course & one on black cover over rad. i work in a shop me & one of the wiser guys are putting my gears in on Thurs.

ripper

Reaction score
How cool would it be to find out you have a fairly new forged motor in there. Thats worth pullin the trani to find out. I think thats how you check?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online