AF leak?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hey

Any further updates on this at all?

I've got a similar issue I'm going to start trying to trace out on Thursday but any feedback greatly viewed.

Cheers.

TMW

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Hey

Any further updates on this at all?

I've got a similar issue I'm going to start trying to trace out on Thursday but any feedback greatly viewed.

Cheers.

TMW
Been monitoring it but have not seen any AF leaking anywhere for weeks but pretty sure it was coming from the intake gaskets.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Went on vacation last week and came home to 2 AF puddles. One right at the front of the engine and one at the rear. Maybe 2 teaspoons total. But after about 3 months the level has never seemed to drop. Granted I'm guessing by the looks of the puddles I have only lost less than 1 cup full of AF in that 3 months. Pretty sure it's the intake manifold leaking at all 4 corners

ctandc

Reaction score
I hate leaks like this. Go to the local auto parts store and rent / loan the coolant pressure tester kit. It comes with an adapter for your radiator. MAKE SURE to not exceed the pressure listed on the radiator cap. Once your pressurize the system, engine off, you can find leaks pretty quick. Easy to hear coolant leaking and being able to see the pressure gauge drop.

If the leak is slower than that - buy a little bottle of coolant UV dye and some glasses and cheap UV flashlight. Add some dye to the radiator and run the car normally for a few days. The pull it in the garage, turn off the lights, break out the glasses and the UV light. You'll be able to spot the leak very quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online