Almost 40 hours

pmot

Reaction score
I bought another Cobra (98) January 30th and it has sat in my shop looking like s*** ever since I parked it. I live in Iowa and didn't really want to clean it until it got a little warmer out so I could do a better job. Well over spring break I started detailing it. I washed it twice the first day and started to use rubbing compound on little black dots that were all over the car and the few scratches it had. They were hardly noticeable but I wanted them almost invisible from 6 inches away. I spent 11 hrs. on this on Sunday. On Monday I spent a record 16.5 hrs. on it from 11:00 am - 3:30 am. On this day I finished with the rubbing compound washed twice more and put three coats of wax on. I spent 11:00 - 3:30 on Tuesday cleaning the interior. Thats 4.5 hrs. On Wednesday I spent 2 more hours putting three coats of leather conditioner on all my leather, and on Thursday I spent 3 more hours on my wheels and wiping off any residue I missed from waxing at night. I still have to clean the windows. After all of this I accomplished quite a lot. I got most of the few scratches there were on the car off, and waxed any metal that isn't covered up or underneath the car three times. The rubbing compound took the longest because I wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the results before I waxed the car. I also cleaned the interior with Q-tips and tooth pics to get every crevasse clean. I probably wont ever spend anywhere near this amount of time on it the next time I wash it but I wanted to get everything looking perfect and make up for the neglect it got from the previous owner who actually took great care of it but just not up to my extremely high expectations. The guy did take really good care of it, I could tell that when I bought it but he also had an 03 Cobra that I think He spent most of his time on. When I cleaned It I obsessed about the slightest imperfection like a meth addict and didn't stop until it was done. Now that its done I won't have to spend anymore than half a day cleaning it the next time I have to and I can have a little pride in the car as well.
A total of 35 hrs.

95cvgt

Reaction score
well then show us some pics of your hard work already!!

OP
OP
P

pmot

Reaction score
I'll put them on tomarrow, I wanted to wait and get some better ones but I guess the ones of it sitting in the driveway will have to do

OP
OP
P

pmot

Reaction score
This picture was taken before I waxed.
03-14-10_1955.jpg

This picture was taken at almost 4 in the morning after my friend and I finally finished waxing. His car is a 96 Z28.
0316000112a.jpg

This pic was taken the next day.
03-18-10_1937.jpg

These pictures are pretty much how the car looks now.
03-17-10_1901.jpg

03-17-10_1858.jpg

Sorry they so small and bad quality, I took them with my phone. Like I said I wanted to wanted to get some better pictures taken first. My dad knows a guy that takes really good pictures, he took some of my last Cobra and they turned out great

OP
OP
P

pmot

Reaction score
mygreengt said:
where are u at in iowa? all of the midwesterners are finally coming out from hiding
Out in the country near Big Creek and Saylorville.
Are you from Iowa?

1bad95

Reaction score
def gotta post up some bigger pics man car looks great!! are those fr500s? def gotta see some pics of them on the yellow, i keep tthinknig about a set!

OP
OP
P

pmot

Reaction score
Yea fr500s. I think only the gunmetal looks good with yellow. I wouldn't get chrome maybe black.

OP
OP
P

pmot

Reaction score
Here is a closer picture of the wheels before I waxed them three times and shined the tires.
03-18-10_1925.jpg

1bad95

Reaction score
looks good man cant wait for some full size pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online