Aluminum rim polishing ????

jojo22

Reaction score
Okay so I have a set of centerlines, they sat in an attic for about 5 years no polishing or even being moved. got out the cordless drill and some buffing wheels along with some white diamond and red jewelers compounds, got the first one all nice and shiny. Put it in the tub, gave it a good bath to get off all the leftover compound, then decided to go over it with a bit of never dull. The reason I did this was to A) even out the finish as there where some VERY fine variations in the finish and B) to act as a protection coating. After the never dull they look cloudier than before?? Any suggestions?

wytstang

Reaction score
Pick up some Mothers aluminum polish, the cloudiness is oxidation. Depending on how hard you want to work you can either do it by hand for spend some coin on the polishing ball. Hook it up to a drill and have at it.

OP
OP
J

jojo22

Reaction score
Cool. I'm just trying to make them look good for the summer, this fall when the car goes up for hibernation the rims are going to motomotion to get refurbished and possibly chrome dipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online