Another Misfire Thread..

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My turd is misfiring like a beetch. It's not as bad when it's cold as it is when it warms up. Normal for a misfire? Not sure... I've been getting water in under the coil packs causing me all sorts of grief. The hood vent has been leaking so I sealed it up with black rtv. I pulled the driver coils because they took 2 seconds and found a slight amount of water underneath one of the coils. So I vacuumed it out.... Haven't pulled any off the passenger side because they're all a pain in the ass to remove. But if I don't find any water under there... Where do I go from there? It's KILLING me having that fancy intake manifold on there, getting the better sound and feel out of the car and not being able to fully experience it because of this effing misfire. There aren't any codes but I'll plug in my autoenginuity at some point and see if it brings anything up on there

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like maybe one of your O2 sensors could be messed up and it runs okay in open loop, but runs worse in closed loop when it's getting goofy info from the bad O2 sensor? Could be a MAF issue? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? I'd probably pull all of the plugs out and inspect them, even the PITA ones on the passenger side... Just some ideas.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Bad o2 sensor... Didn't think about that one. In theory it makes sense that one out of 4 could be bad and sending false readings.. I hope its not the case because tho because I THINK they are all new... But stranger things have happened! I'll double check all my vacuum lines, and go ahead and pull those beetch's on the passenger side. Thanks for the tips deep!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online