Antifreeze Leakage

Brooklyn 97GT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been a member for a while just never posted. Im having a problem with my 97GT. The Antifreeze and Oil are mixing together and leaking the mixture out. I took the car to the 1st shop and was told the factory oil cooler/oil filter housing was broken and dumping oil in to the radiator reservoir tank. I bought a used oil filter housing with out the cooler. Problem didn't go away, but around the same tile my Intake Manifold broke so I thought hopefully that could have been a cause. I just had the intake manifold changed yesterday at a 2nd shop. They let the car get to temp and it was fine. Drove home about 3 miles. The car sat over night I checked it and no antifreeze at all in the reservoir tank. I added a little bit of antifreeze, let the car get to temp. So some antifreeze did fill up the reservoir tank on its own not sure how it filled up the reservoir tank...my guess its pooling in some other area? It did have oil spots.

Im guessing it leaked out on the way home, some wetness around the reservoir tank area. None on the street/parking spot. While driving some white smoke was visible from the tail pipe but not much at all. I put a after market aluminum reservoir tank but it doesn't have the Antifreeze Sensor. But the problem was happening before that. The 1st shop said they did a compression test for Head Gasket and they said it was good. Im not sure whats going on, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Happy 4th!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.