ATTN: Dads and or Moms

bleau

Reaction score
Got my ride on the street. One problem I cant fit my little girls car seat in the backseat.
I would really like to take her for a ride in the car.
She is 7 months old.
Anyone with exp. on a brand (carseat) I can buy to fit in the car.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Man its a tight squeez getting a child seat in the back. The only thing you can do is put her on the passenger side and let the front seat up all the way, i know it sucks for the passenger. Also you dont wanna take shortcuts like turning her seat sideways...that wouldnt be good if an accident happened.....It also doesnt get betta when she starts growing.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah when we want to take our 7 month old son in the mustang we put him behind the pass. side....the seat goes all the way up and is sitting practically straight up... good thing the ladys small ;D its really not any fun at all i will be looking foward to the front facing seats it will be much easier lol

ripper

Reaction score
My wife pulls passenger seat all the way forward also. She has a 95GT. Grandaughters feet still hit back of the seat tho.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Front facing seats are a bit better but when kids start to grow their little legs will be too long. My son didnt like that at all :rant:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I never let kids in the Mustang...thats what we had other cars for :)

i got 3 other cars too ...there just not as fun as the stangs lol and i like cruising with the family.....

OP
OP
B

bleau

Reaction score
Ya, I think it would be fun to go out for a ride.
I was the most unprepared parent. My wife drives a Cobalt coupe and my other car is a S10 ext cab.
I need a bigger ride bad.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
DropTopPony said:

i got 3 other cars too ...there just not as fun as the stangs lol and i like cruising with the family.....

Not me, when your alone nobody tells you to slow down or turn down the radio etc etc...plus you have to take it easy with others in the car...so i value the alone time in the Mustang.

m0n0x1d3

Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
Man its a tight squeeze getting a child seat in the back. The only thing you can do is put her on the passenger side and let the front seat up all the way

This is what i do and my 3 yr old fits fine. BUT my exhaust scares her so she doesn't ride in it much.

ripper

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
tRaV_19 said:
DropTopPony said:

Not me, when your alone nobody tells you to slow down or turn down the radio etc etc...plus you have to take it easy with others in the car...so i value the alone time in the Mustang.

Yea i rarely have a passenger in my 96. And no way theres a babyseat goin in it. I like crankin up the oldies, windows down, cruisin the back country roads.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
bleau said:
Ya, I think it would be fun to go out for a ride.
I was the most unprepared parent. My wife drives a Cobalt coupe and my other car is a S10 ext cab.
I need a bigger ride bad.

i was in your shoes too i had a lifted 95 f150 extended cab and never gave it two thoughts about putting a car seat back there until we bought one then i was in a panic rush to get rid of that (my dd) and get another truck that was large enough to fit a car seat in the back so i sold it and got a 01 extended cab z71 its huge with the two suicide doors wayyy bigger than my f150 but its still a bowtie :( if i could have afforded to get a 4 door ford i would have but they seem to be expensive and the chevys are affordable in the extended models and are huge inside sooo i had to deal with it...

FASTANG

Reaction score
I have a two yr old boy who loves to ride in it. I have to put the pass seat most
of the way forward and put him behind it. No room in the backseat of a vert :mad:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
if you are looking for a new car seat i would get a convertable car seat...meaning it can face rear and then convert to front facing....that way you dont waste money on another rear facing seat that you will only use for 3 more months

ANG

Reaction score
heh, what do I know, i have no kids (thank the lord)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott