Aviator swap

2vethan

Reaction score
So ive seen a lot of different things regarding the aviator and mach 1. But has anyone ever swapped an aviator shortblock with c heads into a gt?

Makoto

Reaction score
my previous engine was an aviator block with C heads. i now have a teksid block with those same c heads. its essentially a direct swap. they came in explorers with the 2v heads.

i'd stick with the 2v heads if i were you. the 4v's are nicer but they complicate things substantially. if i didin't have a cobra i'd be perfectly happy with a 2v engine.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Explorers had wap blocks not teksid blocks. Teksid blocks stopped being produced around 99 with the last ones going into some 99 cobras. The wap block was created later and was used in a few different applications.

Makoto

Reaction score
Explorers had wap blocks not teksid blocks. Teksid blocks stopped being produced around 99 with the last ones going into some 99 cobras. The wap block was created later and was used in a few different applications.

if you read closely you'll notice i'm talking about 2 blocks. the point of mentioning my teksid block and my previous WAP block is that they are interchangeable with one exception for a coolant passage in the teksid block that needs to be drilled out for 2v heads.

07GtS197

Reaction score
if you read closely you'll notice i'm talking about 2 blocks. the point of mentioning my teksid block and my previous WAP block is that they are interchangeable with one exception for a coolant passage in the teksid block that needs to be drilled out for 2v heads.
No need to be that way, the way it reads is that you were talking about your teksid block then you mentioned they came out of explorers. I clarified that for the op’s benefit. Nothing to get snarky over.

Makoto

Reaction score
No need to be that way, the way it reads is that you were talking about your teksid block then you mentioned they came out of explorers. I clarified that for the op’s benefit. Nothing to get snarky over.

K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online