AVOID ManTrans in Florida

Feffman

Reaction score
Good Day All:

As is often quoted, “Enter at your own risk”. Do NOT send your transmission to ManTrans (www.ManTrans.net or www.ManTrans.com) in Tallahassee, Florida.

After speaking with Cindy Allen of ManTrans, I sent them a 65K mile ZF 5-speed transmission for a rebuild just to make sure it was new before installing. My American Express card was billed immediately. The transmission was delivered to their facility May 28, 2019 for what was supposed to be a 2-3 week rebuild. As you can guess, it’s now mid-October 2019 and no transmission.

The ongoing saga:

· We need one bearing to finish the rebuild (July 2, 2019)

· The transmission is completed and needs to be run on the dyno (August 8, 2019)

· I’m not sure what’s going on with it. I’ll call you back (July – October 2019)

· Transmission is finished and ready to go on the dyno today (September 9, 2019)

· Owner Darrell Moore ([email protected]) tells me they need a bearing and a synchro (September 23, 2019)

· Owner hung up on me after I asked them to ship the transmission back to me. Long, excuse filled e-mail from owner in response to my e-mail. Taking synchro from core they have in house (September 26, 2019)

· October 1, 2019 e-mail inquiry to the owner with response: “Builder out today, I’m getting with him now to confirm”. Of course, no response three days later.

· October 7, 2019 owner says transmission shipping 10/8 or 10/9/19 after dyno run. They will send me the video of the dyno.

· October 9, 2019 “Builder out with death in family. If it doesn’t ship today. I guarantee it will tomorrow”

· October 15, 2019 phoned and left a message as well as e-mail. No bill of lading so obviously transmission isn’t done and hasn’t shipped.

I’ve contacted American Express to dispute the charge, but since it’s past 60 days, they’ve no guarantee. I’m writing off the ZF transmission costs as part of my ongoing adult education.

Call this my mistake for at least not checking the Better Business Bureau. I don’t usually put much stock in the BBB, but I’ve never seen a “F” rating.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tallahassee/profile/transmission/man-trans-llc-0403-160444139

Many of us have had similar issues with other vendors. This is my experience with ManTrans. You may want to avoid them.

God knows in what condition the ZF will be returned, if it comes back at all.

Feff

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Man. I took the time to read some of the BBB complaints. How assholes like this stay in business without being shutdown for fraud is beyond me.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get an attorney to take the to small claims court. Get the value of the trans and your time back plus have the Court encore that they have to pay your atty and Cory fees.

American Express should get you your money back so long as you have all the issues properly documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man that sucks and then finding the BBB report would only be salt in the would for me.

On a side note I am curious if anyone else read the title "avoid mantrans" and thought this was another one of blacks conspiracy theories for a min? I was curious and afraid to hear that story.....

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That sucks
Never heard of that company
Maybe for the better
Hopefully you get your money back

Mike1261

Reaction score
Are you located anywhere near Tallahassee? I'm in Orlando 3 hours or so away - if it were my transmission I'd be up there with a pickup truck.

I had my 84 Camaro sitting at Corvette Masters in Orlando for a full year back in like 04/05 ish. It was there for a Backhalf and some other race car stuff. They never touched the car.

I finally went with a tow truck to pick it up. Then I left it with Prodigy Customs in Apopka FL for a mini tub, wiring, supercharger and some other stuff.

After the 3 months they estimated they hadn't touched it.

In 07 I ended up moving to Europe for a couple years and left the car with Prodigy to finish.

Then they went belly up and ran off with hundreds of thousands of dollars of customer parts.

All I got back was the car frame and rims. My $12,000 engine, $15,000 cash, custom power coated suspension, supercharger, TCI TH400 transmission and custom 5500rpm torque converter, all gone.

And I was the least ripped off of all his clients. The forums were full of devastation.

I have a Mustang now because I didn't want to be reminded of all the torment I went through with my Camaros.

Good luck getting your transmission back. Maybe you should plan a road trip :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online