Bassani/equal lenght header install... some questions

thorco3

Reaction score
Alright, I've had a set of bassani equal length headers for a while now and just never had time to install them. I've got this weekend off from work and will prolly tackle the install tomorrow. So I've got a couple questions...

what is the best way to install equal lenght headers, top or bottom?... bassani's directions have them installing from the top but it seems as though it would be easier to just drop the k member and bolt them up??

anybody have any experience bolting up equal lenghts on a 5.0, any good info for me.

what spark plugs does everyone recommend while I'm in there... motorcraft, ngk, autolite???

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
oh, another question... should I use the provided header bolts or try and reuse the factory studs. I've heard that factory studs are the best...?

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Well, heading out to the garage to install some headers... looks like I'll figure it all out first hand

Suspect

Reaction score
if u dont get em on send em to me. ;) seriously good luck man. i hate installing headers.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Suspect said:
if u dont get em on send em to me. ;) seriously good luck man. i hate installing headers.

well, so far it has gone... semi smooth i guess. There hasn't been any major hang-ups. I didn't know what kind of plugs were in the car and found out that it had autolite platinums, so I'm glad I'm pulling them out and replacing them with some autolite coppers. They also didn't seem to have been gapped properly. my shop manual calls for them to be gapped at .052 and these all seemed to be around .045. Not the biggest difference, but I am happy to get the platinums out of there anyways. I've decided to order some new plug wires too, but obviously plan to have the headers installed before they will get here. The car has Taylor 8mm's but the 8th plug wire is a stock one, I'm guessing one of the taylors got to close to a header or something.

any recommendations on plug wires???

and back on topic... The passenger side is in and everything looks good, no clearance issues to speak of. The drivers side stock header has been pulled but decided to quit on it for tonight and hopefully finish it tomorrow afternoon.

Suspect

Reaction score
for wires i just get them from ford, but im sure every one uses something different.

wanted to ask where u picked up ur headers from. i really cant seem to find em. are they setup for emissions?

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Suspect said:
for wires i just get them from ford, but im sure every one uses something different.

wanted to ask where u picked up ur headers from. i really cant seem to find em. are they setup for emissions?

yeah they're ready for the egr tube on the passenger side header. The fit and quality of the headers seems awesome so far, but we've only got the passenger side header on.

I picked up all my exhaust components from ninosport.com. They seem to have the best prices and I was able to find a discount code for like 10% when I bought everything.

as soon as my buddy comes to pick me up we're headed back out to the shop to try and get the driverside header on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online