Battery warning light

OP
OP
M

macuser27

Reaction score
I thought it went away after you cleaned the ground?

It's doing the exact same thing. Battery light comes on and off intermittently.

What I was confused about was that the light did not stay on when I disconnected that frame to engine block ground wire. It stayed off then came on and off again. I assumed the light would turn on and stay on with that wire disconnected on purpose.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Youre going to want to find a shop that rebuilds alternators. Have them tear the alternator down and inspect it. My f250 did the same thing as what you guys have going on. Come to find out, the brush had worn a groove in the rotor and it would cause just enough fluctuation to set the battery light off.

OP
OP
M

macuser27

Reaction score
Youre going to want to find a shop that rebuilds alternators. Have them tear the alternator down and inspect it. My f250 did the same thing as what you guys have going on. Come to find out, the brush had worn a groove in the rotor and it would cause just enough fluctuation to set the battery light off.

That crossed my mind yesterday when I drove past a place that does that. How much does that usually cost, just so I have a rough idea when I ask them for a quote? Thanks.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That crossed my mind yesterday when I drove past a place that does that. How much does that usually cost, just so I have a rough idea when I ask them for a quote? Thanks.

Im not real sure, the guys I use are right around the corner from me and didnt charge me to inspect it. I told him I was getting a rebuilt unit from them if I needed it anyway. So, since they were helping me, I assured them of a sale.

OP
OP
M

macuser27

Reaction score
Im not real sure, the guys I use are right around the corner from me and didnt charge me to inspect it. I told him I was getting a rebuilt unit from them if I needed it anyway. So, since they were helping me, I assured them of a sale.

Thanks. I'll go and give the place I saw a try. Also will invest in a multimeter and hopefully it won't be complicated to use.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
What side is the block to frame ground you unplugged? I wanna check mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

macuser27

Reaction score
What side is the block to frame ground you unplugged? I wanna check mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Driver side. Raise the front of the car as high as possible and look around the oil filter area. There will be a red, flat wire just under a foot long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online