SN95 Cable for warning lights?

khan.cross

Reaction score
Have a 97 4.6 convertible and had to install a universal door lock unit. I am stuck with the warn lights. The warn light button above the steering wheel has cables for each flasher left/right/front/rear but my keylock unit has one cable with two outputs (diode), so I need to find either one cable which handl3s all 4 flasher or 2 cable for left-front/rear and right-front/rear.

Which way and cable is easiest to solve?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your installing a keyless entry? normally the light flasher output goes to the brown parking light wire which will power all the lights in the corners.

Now that part is easy but the actual wiring for the door locks is one of the harder systems to integrate into with a universal 2 wire system. Ford uses what is called a 5-wire reversing polarity system that for you to use a universal keyless on you will need to wire up some relays, and then they have to be installed in the correct way or you will blow out the lock circuit.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
Locking open/close was easy, it works like a charm.

Where can I find this brown cable which toggles all 4 corner lights?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the headlight switch is a guaranteed spot but it should also go through the kick panel if you feel like searching through a BUNCH of wires. It will show +12v on it when you turn the parking lights on, 0 with them off. But then if you put it in the back where the stock one was the wire should be back there, or else at any of the the lights as well. The same wire will power all the corners no matter where you hit it.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
The headlight switch gives only half brightness to the flashers, so it is not a good solution.

I tried the flasher relay but these cables only work if the flasher arm is set to left/right. I stopped working on it for now, cos I am really stuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
Which brown wire? Head light switch? I dont like that, cos low flasher brightness

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well then you are on your own there. You can't just activate all 4 lights off of the flasher without activating the timing for the flasher which will mean that sometimes it may not flash when the keyless sends a signal and the flasher is timed off. The other option is as you said it would mean that you would have to get in and access each individual light and be sure to diode or relay(x4) isolate them so that they can still flash independently. I have installed hundreds of alarms and even in the instructions they tell you to hit the parking light wire at least last time I read one. I will admit it has been a while.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
Thats right, I tried again with diodes and it worked. I used the cables at the warn flasher buttons. Can post images if everything is finished

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
I fixed it today, easy with the right equipment. My universal door lock unit has one output for the flashers, this output is devided to twi, each has a diode. Soldered 2 more cables and 2 more diodes and attached it to the right cables where the warn flasher switch is. Cables are:

Rear R = Orange/Blue
Rear L = Green/Orange
Front L = Green/White
Front R = White/Blue

Now everything work like a charm. Parklights low brightness, but door lock flashers high brightness.

Thanks for support so farIMG_20230804_124550880.jpgIMG_20230804_190005377.jpgIMG_20230804_125423644.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online