Been gone awhile, need help finding info

Boostedbetes

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Haven't been on here for awhile. Been busy and stuff. Most dont know me or my car so ill give a quick run thru again. 94 Laser Red GT Vert. Its automatic and has a stock 3.27 gear (nothing special). Only mods are CAI, x-pipe, dumped mufflers, FRPP wires and msd cap-rotor-coil. I've acquired some new parts recently and sold some parts i had bought and decided to go a different route. Currently I'm sitting on a set of 3.73 gears and just bought a Borg Warner T5 from a 95 yesterday ( 7/2/13). Im about to tackle the manual swap before I get my gears installed and need help finding a write-up on it. I have the T5, sn95 bellhousing, trans harness and stock flywheel and clutch (giving the stock clutch away and gonna have the flywheel resurfaced). I'm getting the pedal assembly from a FB friend locally and an aluminum drive shaft from Aerostar. Im going to be ordering an Exedy Stage 1 clutch and a Steeda Clutch cable kit (cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster).Please keep in mind that I realize there are way better clutches, however Im trying to do this "bank account friendly" and also my motor is basically stock and will be for awhile. I will always upgrade the clutch and flywheel later as performance increases. Only things left to grab are the shift accessories (boot, bezel, dust boot, etc), 5 spd ecu and of course new seals and fluids. I have a few questions tho.
1) Can I use the stock auto ECU until I can find a good 5 spd ECU
2) Do I need a separator plate for a manual (not sure if the auto has one and if it does if I can use it..

If anyone has a link to a thread or write-up that still has good pictures that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone that reads and/or replies to this in advance!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol. sorry man.

90% sure on the ecu and 100% sure one the scatter plate.

check late model resto and cjpp for both parts. we get discounts. :)

if nothing, start a want-to-buy thread on our classifieds section... :)

ster302

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can use the the automatic ecu with the manual but not the other way around, something about idle control if I remember correctly. As far as the plate goes mc is right.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I don't have much tech info, but I installed the Exedy clutch this weekend. I only drove it a few miles but I'm impressed so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online