Best exhaust set ups for the 5.0

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 1995 mustang GT and want a new exhaust any suggestions on the best sounding exhaust I want it loud but not open heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hop on YouTube and look up exhaust clips. Everyone likes different stuff and only you will know what sound you like.

Some people like flowmasters, some hate them. Some like magnaflow, I don’t care for it.

I love my slp loudmouth 2’s but others may not. But I also have side exits so mine doesn’t sound anything like what a rear exit sounds like.

YouTube is your best friend for this. And remember, headers xpipes hpipes cats or no cats all make a huge difference. So look for videos that stat what their setup is and make sure it’s similar to yours.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Hop on YouTube and look up exhaust clips. Everyone likes different stuff and only you will know what sound you like.

Some people like flowmasters, some hate them. Some like magnaflow, I don’t care for it.

I love my slp loudmouth 2’s but others may not. But I also have side exits so mine doesn’t sound anything like what a rear exit sounds like.

YouTube is your best friend for this. And remember, headers xpipes hpipes cats or no cats all make a huge difference. So look for videos that stat what their setup is and make sure it’s similar to yours.

I have been wanting to get the slp loudmouths I’ll have to see what the 2s sounds like because I’ve only heard the 1s I want side exits too so If you have a video please share it thank you for the reply

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Look for a local Ford/Mustang and listen to the cars. YouTube will give you an idea, but it won't be 100%. We ordered a set of Violators for the wife's 06 because they sounded awesome in the vid. Put them on the car and they were barely louder than stock.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Look for a local Ford/Mustang and listen to the cars. YouTube will give you an idea, but it won't be 100%. We ordered a set of Violators for the wife's 06 because they sounded awesome in the vid. Put them on the car and they were barely louder than stock.

That’s what I’m worried about

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I completely understand but now you are basing your choice on what some random people on the interwebz says is "best". If you ask who makes the best pizza and you end up with a chicago and new york style pizzas you will have two COMPLETELY different pies that two people would swear are better then the other. You can ask all you want but the only way you find out if you like it is to take a bite.

Also do not forget that the sound of the car is not just dictated by the exhaust. After I put my side exhaust on I had a bit of a raspy note that I didn't love but didn't hate. The raspy portion of the note went away completely when I swapped out the heads.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I completely understand but now you are basing your choice on what some random people on the interwebz says is "best". If you ask who makes the best pizza and you end up with a chicago and new york style pizzas you will have two COMPLETELY different pies that two people would swear are better then the other. You can ask all you want but the only way you find out if you like it is to take a bite.

Also do not forget that the sound of the car is not just dictated by the exhaust. After I put my side exhaust on I had a bit of a raspy note that I didn't love but didn't hate. The raspy portion of the note went away completely when I swapped out the heads.

That’s true I understand what you’re saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online