best way to install door body panel ???

xs man 27

Reaction score
the lower door body panel on my car came was coming off the other day so I decided to take it completely off and re install it .. my question what is the best way for me to install it and what should I use to clean the door before I apply the door body panel ? I already have a goo gone bottle to take off the sticky let over glue. and I have a 15 x 7/8 foot roll of 3m super double sided tape.. any help will be great.. thank you

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
sorry no pics .. when I bought my car it came with a saleen style body kit already on it ... above the side skirt I have on there is a lower door body panel that attatches by double sided tape.. was wondering whats the best way to clean on area before I am gonna put the door panel on with the double sided I bought ? will rubbing alcohol work to clean the door before I attach the body panel w the double sided tape ? thanks for your input

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Door fillers I think they are called. Look into some goop called panel bonding adhesive. 3m makes one and so does SEM. the sem is cheaper and it even has the same strange container/mixer design so I would not be surprised if they are the same. Bad part is you need the adhesive, the special calk gun and the mixing tips but that shtuff is make for this shtuff.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3M moulding tape is all you need. THat's all that's on there from the factory and any body shop. Clean it up with a razor and some rubbing alcohol (wax/grease remover if you have any). I'd just go with 1/4" tape.

75346882337.jpg

mediawebserver

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thank you for all the input... yes that's the part and yes that's the 3m tape I got.. I am going to clean with some rubbing alcohol and install .,, again thank you all for the help.. show pics when installed..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online