Bra for my Stang

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
So, I may be putting off having my vert repainted until 2024. Overall looks pretty good for 30 years original paint but the front has paint chips. So I was thinkin' in the meantime putting on a bra to cover them up. Question is, for those who have had a bra, can I take it to a car wash as is or must I remove it each time I wash (I do not wash by hand).
Thanks

badass98svt

Reaction score
You would definitely need to take it off if you're going through a drive thru car wash

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
My local wash requires it be removed. Will not let you enter with one.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
IMO, bras look like ass. Touch up paint makes it a 5-10 foot car, while a bra makes it look bad from 100 feet away. I mean, unless you own a laser red mustang that has lived its entire life in the sun, that’s the only reason you wouldn’t use touch up.

Plus bras are expensive, and you can’t even try them on like the department stores do. If the plan is to paint it next year, just wait till then. You’ll be wasting your money otherwise.

If you’re considering doing this to protect the new paint, there will be rubbing issues, which is why it’s suggested to remove it in a car wash. There’s also UV issues. The previous owner of my car had one of those chrome Christian fish emblems that were popular in the 90s. Took it off like 3 years later, and the image was forever ghosted onto the nice paint. And this wasn’t even metallic flake, which would be worse.

Wanna protect the paint, either go for a full complete vinyl wrap, or just give yourself more following distance on the highway, or even try avoiding it when you can.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
had one on my 92 fox body and it left scratches and the paint looked bad after removing it after a couple of years.
they trap in the heat

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
We had one on our 94 back when it was new and they were still somewhat popular back in the 90s. It wore out and we took it off but keeping it waxed under it never left any scratches. In fact it saved a bunch when mom rubbed the side of the garage backing out and tore it which is when we got rid of it.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 with ttocs and the touch up paint, especially if you’re going for a respray next year. Touch up paint is cheaper in the meantime and if you get a bra, you might be tempted to put it on your car after respray… and that would be tragic. Just do the touch up and live with it till respray.

Just my $.02

TrickVert

Reaction score
If the bra is removed regularly and the fleece vacuumed, and the surface underneath is cleaned and waxed, you'll not end up with scratches. That said, if it needs repainted anyway, I'd probably go for the touch-up.

I bought this bra to use when transporting the car out here from Ohio. Intended to install it, forgot, and it's been in a box ever since.

OP
OP
C

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
Thx for the feedback, guys. To reply...

I'm not a fan of bra's but I figure until I get it painted it would look better.
DSCN8027.JPG

When I do get it repainted, I would not use the bra anymore.

"I think I have a brand new LeBra front end cover for '95-98 non-Cobras." TrickVert, so it would not fit a 94 GT vert?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure the term "paint chips" is the right term here. That car was driven in the city! You would only need 15-20 bottles of touch up paint and a long afternoon to put lipstick on a pig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online