Cadillac ATS Caliper conversion

Pittsn95

Reaction score
I am planning on doing the Cadillac ATS "brembo" caliper conversion. I was wondering if I need to upgrade or swap out the master cylinder/brake booster on my 94 GT to a 96-98 cobra or 03-04 to support going from a 1 piston to a 4 piston caliper. Is there a difference between the cobra master cylinders/brake boosters vs non cobras, specifically for 94/95?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the Cadillac ATS "brembo" caliper conversion. I was wondering if I need to upgrade or swap out the master cylinder/brake booster on my 94 GT to a 96-98 cobra or 03-04 to support going from a 1 piston to a 4 piston caliper. Is there a difference between the cobra master cylinders/brake boosters vs non cobras, specifically for 94/95?

You can’t use any of the master cylinders from 96-04 because they’re all hydroboost.

You can update to the 94-95 cobra but it’s not a huge difference from the gt. You’d be best off getting an aftermarket mc that can handle a lot more volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
You can’t use any of the master cylinders from 96-04 because they’re all hydroboost.

You can update to the 94-95 cobra but it’s not a huge difference from the gt. You’d be best off getting an aftermarket mc that can handle a lot more volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We kinda need to know the square inches of caliper pot on the new calipers. The 94-95 Cobra Master Cylinders are actually smaller than the V6/GT ones because the cobra calipers have smaller caliper piston area than the GT. Advantage of the cobra brakes is the larger rotor and dual piston layout. GT still has a bigger single pot inside of itself.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought everyone just slapped what ever caliper they wanted on the end of their lines and then swore that they were so much better?

lutter94

Reaction score
The ATS caliper sit closer to the center of the spindle and use 4 42mm pistons instead of 2 42mm and 2 40mm pistons on the CTS-V calipers.

Mustang Cobra Calipers
94-01 = 2x 38MM pistons

03-04 = 2x 40MM pistons

So basically you're double the piston area of a 03-04 cobra caliper, gonna need a bigger master thats for sure.....

lutter94

Reaction score
Will the ATS master cylinder bolt in?

Buy one and tell us? Or google it, ya google is a pretty good first step. Sometimes you gotta be the first person to try something, and sometimes forums and facebook don't have all the random answers you're looking for (but google might!).......

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought that people were already slapping these things in? Is this the first time someone thought about matching the MC and caliper?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online