Camaro loses brakes at raceway

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol gate buster!!!

Seriously though, that could have ended much worse for that guy! I wonder what happened to the brakes? Did the fluid just boil off or something?

If I were to have a "home" track, it would be Sebring.

9838stang

Reaction score
scary! i had seen that earlier but man that still gets me he was able to get off the track with a rolling car and not crunch it or anything

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That was also probably one of the best spots to lose your brakes. It's a hard corner on the brakes because that turn is almost a hairpin, and it's right after a decently long straight. There are other areas on that track that have very little run-off.

Rob04Mach1

Reaction score
WOW that could have ended a lot different if a lot of things weren't exactly as they where when it did

hotmustang95

Reaction score
The real question, which I've asked on other sites after seeing this video, is where the fock is he going??? Guy takes a stroll around the parking lot then out to the main road and in again into the paddock area. Maybe get out and check the damn car.

AzzLyp

Reaction score
They were making jokes on Facebook about him having to pay to get back in. lol. What a pucker factor ride!

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
For real! Shut the engine off and feather the clutch to stop. Weird....although funny

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been considering what brakes I want to get for the past few months. Hell my rebuild started because I could not stop fast enough last time, so I want to make sure this time I can. Damn why are all the good companies so expensive? Oh yea to prevent stuff like this....

Ok, just ordered the rear brakes since they marked down...

hondarocks61

Reaction score
That was some Need For Speed shit!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great, now I am paranoid.

Naw dawg, don't be. It's all fun. But that's the reason I never recommend people take their DD's to do stuff like that. You should have a second car, even if it's a cheap POS (because track time is still fun, no matter what) for that very reason.

The real question, which I've asked on other sites after seeing this video, is where the fock is he going??? Guy takes a stroll around the parking lot then out to the main road and in again into the paddock area. Maybe get out and check the damn car.

My guess is 1) he was gathering himself, I'm sure the brain can get a little addled from something like that and 2) Sebring isn't the easiest to find the entrance, especially if you go off track like that. I'm pretty sure I haven't ever driven in that parking lot before. I would be like "how the f*ck do I get back in!!! Without using brakes. Cause they probably don't work so well.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No e brake? No downshifting? I don't get that part.

Exactly what I was thinking, WTF ??? LOL

For real! Shut the engine off and feather the clutch to stop. Weird....although funny

Easy to say watching the video :) Being in the middle of something like that is an entirely different story. I'm sure his brain was like "whaaaaaaa...." when his brake pedal sank to the floor. By the time his brain caught up with the situation, he was already through the gate. Trust me, unless you have a good amount of experience and/or are really quick-witted (or perhaps just lucky), that kind of stuff happens in a heartbeat and it's hard to always "do the right thing."

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea thats strange to keep rolling around....i kept looking at different spots he coulda went through to slow down to a stop but he actually gave it a little gas instead...dafuq??

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so you bust through a huge metal gate all over the front of your car, drive straight over a curb or 2, brakes go out....and you don't even stop to look at your car lol?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online