Cant remove head bolts?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use an extremely large breaker bar and they'll break lose pretty easily.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Big breaker, spray bolt with lots of PB Blaster, add a lil heat to the bolt and it should break loose easy.

95opal

Reaction score
whats wrong with it? cast iron is very brittle. you can pull the threads right out of the block. like i said. big f.ucking wrench.

WTF is this kid talking about. OP like stated a large breaker bar and BFH is your best bet to break them loose. An impact is fine and youll snap the bolt if its frozen way before you pull the threads right out of the block lol

JFYI Crack all bolts open before you start removing them all

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Get a decent sized breaker bar and put some muscle into it. You'll feel big and strong when you crack them loose.

I used a really long torque wrench (yeah yeah I know but I don't use that as a torque wrench anymore, it's about 2ft long) and just used my body weight to crack mine. They aren't terrible you just need to find the right leverage

Sent from my SCH-I605

fomoco85

Reaction score
Home is Camano Island,WA/ work is Electric City, W
Okay guys. I'm sure the OP is smart enough to use a long breaker bar. If that's not working and OP has to ask for help? Yes an impact gun to remove is fine. As far as threads? The bolt will break before that happens.. Lets just help the OP. HEY OP.... Any luck?

full force

Reaction score
Threads can come out, although unlikely, BBC MArkIV blocks did that a lot...

Impact is fine also, its all about muscle, I have yet to ever have issues with breaking them..

330CubeGt

Reaction score
How much do you weigh? Sounds like some elbow grease would get them out.

Use a quality impact, and zip the bolts out.Don't worry about the thread yanking neggitive Nancy's.

I have seen more damage done by slow constant force then from an impact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online