Center caps don't fit

copmagnet

Reaction score
So I changed out my factory mach wheels for 18" saleens. I kept my factory center caps to put into the new saleens but I cam across an issue. all four center caps fit in the back two wheels(loosely), but non of he 4 fit in the front two wheels. (18x10/18x9) I refuse to pay 65$ PER center cap from american muscle, so any of you guys have a trick to get these remaining caps in?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
could probably have autobadges or another company that does decals make you decals to go over a blank cap.

joekd

Reaction score
I have seen aftermarket mustang center caps in 2 different sizes 2-1/2" and 2-3/8"", sounds like yours just aren't a match

I don't know what caps you are looking at but $65/cap sounds really high. I bought brand new OEM ones for about 1/2 that price.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
The caps I were looking at were on american muscle, identicle to mine, and they are 65$ a piece. IDK, I think I may brake out the dremel and shave th plastic down to make these fit, I dont get why the rears fit but not the front. idk, I was just wanting see see if anybody had fixed this issue before and cold point me in the right direction.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah your pretty much limited, I had a pair of oem real saleens, bought the replica saleens from stage 3 motorsports and I tryed just about every center cap they use a smaller size center cap of like 2 1/2 or smaller every other rim uses a much larger center cap I had to make my own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online